Helping you help yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
For all of those who just cannot read through the entire 7+ hundred pages of information and reviews on the newly released Uniden scanners, please read through this thread and its links FIRST. http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/283228-uniden-bcd436-536hp-faq-info-read-1st.html

If you cannot find the information you are looking for in there then PLEASE think really hard before posting in the open forum(s) on whether or not the question you are about to ask has already been asked or answered in those 7+ hundred pages. You just might want to go through them to make sure first. I have and there is a bunch of information in them all.

If you post just asking the same questions that have been posted or answered already in multiple threads then please DO NOT feel bad when you are left without answers/ help. Laziness is not something that is liked in any forum or on any website. So, please think before posting randomly and do YOUR part in helping yourself.

The staff and admins of this site are having a rough time trying to keep things together for the “newbies” and the ones who never had the Home Patrol units. They realize that there are concerns and questions to be asked, but we need to do this in an orderly fashion. Just randomly posting and going off everywhere will get you/ us nowhere, I am guilty of this also. So, I am no angel either.

People were posting videos and reviews but have seemed to stop since the beginning of rants and negativity going on within these threads. Not good IMO. We NEED these to help better OUR decisions.

If you really value this site, its vendors and all that they have to offer us then taking an hour or so to read through things to make sure your question has not already been asked and answered more than once will save everyone a headache.

I am in NO WAY part of the site other than a member needing information, help and the like. I do not work for ANY vendor nor do I receive any royalties for making this post or any post I may make.

I just think it is time to have some common sense, step back a little and see what if anything occurs over the coming week(s) and hope MORE people receiving their new 436/536 scanners this week will post videos and audio samples for the rest of us too make a sound purchase in the future.

I know some are new to the entire Home Patrol and Sentinel software that goes with it. Take a little time to get to know your new scanner. Read and re-read the manuals. I took three months with my original Home Patrol-1 before I came close to knowing what and how it worked along with the software. I am by NO MEANS an expert. I just took the time to read, read, and read through everything on the Original HP and asked questions along the way. Once you know what and how Sentinel works, you will have an upper hand on things. But to get to this point, you will need to READ and educate yourself.

If the admins or moderators do not think this thread is helpful to them or others then please feel free to remove it. I am just trying to help you help others and not get anyone's toes stepped on.

Dafe.

Blackink

I concur with Dafe1er's post about "Read, Read, and Read it again"

I was a complete newbie to the scanner world when I decided to acquire a BCT15X scanner.
2 months before it arrived, because I asked for it for a xmas present, I read anything and everything I found on scanners, what trunking was all about, and to get some idea as to what I was in for.

When I was done all that, I read it all again, and now that I have the scanner and I'm using it daily, I still read up on parts I don't quite understand or areas I want to better understand and learn about.

Just for anyone's curiosity, I've been copying notes from these forums about the new BCD436HP and pasting them into a Word document for further reference, as I'm sure I'll be purchasing one of these in the future for a hand help scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.