Hemet Shooting RSO Pursuit with shots fired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Station51

Things that went bump in the night!

Approx 00:10 (Uh, that would by just after midnight!)

RSO puts out a call that a 12 year old has called to report that a neighboring friend has come in and reported that his/her Dad has shot his/her mom. Further reports describe a white van being driven by the husband/shooter who has 3 to 4 kids on board.

RSO pulls in behind the van at Cedar/Ramona Expy and runs plate. Van's ID confirmed as coming from loc. Hemet RSO and San Jac RSO attempt stop on Lake St, failure to yield.
Subj stops at Lake/Berkeley and exits briefly while holding a gun to his head.

Subj re-enters veh and pursuit is on. At Park/Menlo subj fires at RSO units as pursuit continues. Ultimately pursuit terminates at Mayberry/Harvard with RSO and Hemet City PD where sub exits van with child in arms and gun to his head.

Not sure who shot who, but baby sustains wound to the leg and suspect is down, but not killed (at least not at the time of the shooting, current condition unknown to me). RSO transports baby Code 3 to Hemet Hospital and calls AMR ambulance for suspect.

Units at the original shooting scene on "C" street near Eighth report that suspects wife is dead at the location.

At least 6 units from Moreno Valley and 2 from Banning (RSO) brought in to assist with follow up invesigation and normal calls for service.

Shortly after all this happens an unrelated call from a woman who reports that someone has thrown eggs at her apartment. A unit had to be released from the shooting scene to respond. Life goes on.

brandon

Database Admin
I just read about this on the PR site. Scary stuff! There have been a lot of OIS incidents in the Hemet area recently what is going on out there?

EatDirt951

Hello,, this is my first post at this site ...

Too bad it had to be on such a topic

First . I live in Hemet and my daughter worked at KFC with the woman who got shot and killed ,She had even had been over to our house a few times .Seemed like a very nice girl .

2ed . YES ,, this town has gone downhill .......I grew up here ..Went to school here Made a living here ..And has this place changed in the past 4 years... At night the streets look like something out of downtown L.A.

3ed. We used to have the scanner on once and a while ...NOW it's on 24/7 ....And I mean 24 hours a day ......
We hear a LOT of things happen that do NOT even make the news

When can I get my CCW permit for Calif. ??????
Got one for Nevada , Arizona, Uath

zz0468

QRT
Banned
It's been going downhill for a long time. 10 years ago when I lived out there, I was neighbors with one of the guys that was on the CDF hazmat team. They were rolling to an average of two meth lab busts a day in Hemet and Anza.

Station51

Dejavu

Early this morning around 1 a.m. I heard a San Jacinto unit run a roller on a white Honda. It comes back stolen and the pursuit was on. From my post on the mountain I saw the units after the veh in excess of 80 m.p.h. E/B Main St. Subj veh blew the red at the Ramona Expy which fortunately had no 60 m.p.h. cross traffic.

Bottom line, it terminates up Castille Cyn on the reservation! Maybe we need a forum for reservation related incidents! :) Aye Carumba!

Units later requested an updated ETA on the tow truck because they were "across from an unfriendly house". And there you go.

CharlesDom

I haven't been to Hemet in quite a while, wondering if there has been a big spike in the population within the last 5-10 years. Unfortunately, that's probably at least one reason in the jump in crime.

EatDirt951

CharlesDom said:
I haven't been to Hemet in quite a while, wondering if there has been a big spike in the population within the last 5-10 years. Unfortunately, that's probably at least one reason in the jump in crime.

You wouldn't beleive it !!!!!! Just over the weekend had a drive-by with 6 rounds into a house .. The cops got them pulled over in minutes and recovered 2 stolen guns from different areas . also the auto was from a Sheriff's impound yard
Heard it ALL on the scanner .

Sadly ,,, I perdict that we will have a cop shot here in Hemet before this year is over !!!!

Station51

Change

CharlesDom said:

I've been in this valley since 96 and YES, there has been a change, a BIG change for the bad. All you have to do is drive down the street and it's evident.

There has been a serious influx of CRUD from areas that I won't bother to identify here as well as parolees being dumped in Hemet/San Jacinto.

EatDirt951

Station51 said:
I've been in this valley since 96 and YES, there has been a change, a BIG change for the bad. All you have to do is drive down the street and it's evident.

There has been a serious influx of CRUD from areas that I won't bother to identify here as well as parolees being dumped in Hemet/San Jacinto.[/QUOTE

I've been in this valley since '68 .Went thur school . raised family here .
And I don't belive some of the stuff I hear on the scanner
When did we get all the people from Compton and out of state ( Nevada. Georiga. South Carolina, Ect. )

Station51

Imagine!

OMG! Imagine, there is a foot bail and ground search underway on the reservation right now! Helicopter and mulitpule units doing area search for irratic driver (that's normal on res property). Hmmm....Maybe the Casion should pay for some of these resources.

Now the Air unit is recalling that they searched the same home 8-10 months ago under the same circumstances. Yawn.

Now there is a named suspect....

EatDirt951

Something is going on AGAIN..

There is another BIG sherriff group waiting to go into the REZ today
They have a LOT of units on Lake Park Drive ( Main road into the Rez )
Road shut down into rez
I saw the SWAT team and the mobil command station and 2 Armored Personal Carryers , APC
And a sherriff armored vechile. 1 chopper circleing

I was by the side of the road / About 1/2 mile away and a officer told me to move /It might not be safe and there was other units on the way !!!!

Last edited:

EatDirt951

I've been trying to get info .
But they must be on a channel I don't have !

All I'm getting is the Soboba tribal police ( Unarmed and worthless ) channel
and that Really quite .
On my scanner it's 460.2000

brandon

Database Admin
I just turned on the scanner and per Star 94 the channel 7 helo is overhead, so whatever is going on may be televised soon.

EatDirt951

Thanks for the link

Just heard .. Tribal police ( Joke ) Called in to dispatch the RSO was stopping suspected tribal members

Nice of them to warn the others !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.