Hempstead/Nevada County.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike445

Let me start off by saying I’m going to be posting quite a bit in the next while as I search to make sure the database for SW AR and NE TX is correct. I live in this area now (Hope AR).
I spent yesterday looking through the FCC database at different licenses. I found 2 things I would like some input on.
FIRST- Nevada County AR sheriffs use a NXDN frequency of 155.3175. The license has expired. They are using the frequency however. I’m hearing it right now. This is the sane frequency that Little River SO was testing in DMR the other day. See attached screenshot for license info.

SECOND- Under Hempstead County AR I found a license for a frequency that isn’t listed in the RR database (as far as I can see). I put together a screenshot of the frequency/license info.

Any insight on these would be awesome!!

Attachments

• 1E757057-494A-4340-9AA1-63030B88CCFC.jpeg
    1E757057-494A-4340-9AA1-63030B88CCFC.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 3AA72DB6-16B2-42EE-8273-A93EB2F4FBAF.jpeg
    3AA72DB6-16B2-42EE-8273-A93EB2F4FBAF.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 10C0961D-1DA5-4DCB-B828-02BCF28D9DDB.jpeg
    10C0961D-1DA5-4DCB-B828-02BCF28D9DDB.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 18

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Don't sweat expired but in use stuff. They might have an renewal form submitted to the FCC, or just got lazy and will not really care until the FCC hits them with a C&D letter. Or fines them. Though its rare for Public Safety to get spanked. Down in MS, there was a large town FD that ran on an freq whose license had been expired for well over 20 years. And there was also a county SO that ran with its input and outputs on its repeater reversed and never changed it on its FCC License. As for licensed freqs, it will not get put in the RRDB unless it is CONFIRMED IN USE... In other words, you, the guy with the scanner, must monitor it, then verify it is being used. Then send in the info that confirms this. What is it being used for, and by who? What tones are in use? Etc....

Mike445

Don't sweat expired but in use stuff. They might have an renewal form submitted to the FCC, or just got lazy and will not really care until the FCC hits them with a C&D letter. Or fines them. Though its rare for Public Safety to get spanked. Down in MS, there was a large town FD that ran on an freq whose license had been expired for well over 20 years. And there was also a county SO that ran with its input and outputs on its repeater reversed and never changed it on its FCC License. As for licensed freqs, it will not get put in the RRDB unless it is CONFIRMED IN USE... In other words, you, the guy with the scanner, must monitor it, then verify it is being used. Then send in the info that confirms this. What is it being used for, and by who? What tones are in use? Etc....

I try my best to get stuff submitted but now I find that I need to monitor it for several days before submitting so I can be sure. If you remember not too far back I found a bunch of new digital frequencies. After further listening it turned out they were hundreds of miles away. With the new antenna I have on the grout I pick up distant signals. I had to cancel my submission. My cousin here is a deputy with Nevada County. I will be talking to him about it on Thanksgiving day. Ask for that Hempstead County frequency I haven’t heard a peep out of it. Have a great day milf. Thanks for everything.
mike

jhsands

Feed Provider
SECOND- Under Hempstead County AR I found a license for a frequency that isn’t listed in the RR database (as far as I can see). I put together a screenshot of the frequency/license info.

154.0325 is in use. It gives you the answer at the bottom of the screenshot. ;) That channel uses a 15 bit key.

Status
Not open for further replies.