Henderson Co. Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg4uad

I see listed in the database: 151.49000 154.89000 RM 151.4 PL HCSO-DSP-COR
I have monitored the output frequency for some time and have heard nothing. I work in close proximity to Corbin Mtn. and would love to hear the SO better in that area but i have doubts this is valid since the other frequencies broadcast in simulcast while this one remains silent, as well as not being a licensed frequency to Henderson County. Unless something has changed, the voting system the SO uses is still active and still uses 1B/107.2 To Force Select Corbin Mtn. (WQBC515)

Kg4uad

trumpetman

Database Admin
Give it some time, there's a lot of changes going on right now. They're still wrapping things up with narrowbanding before they work on anything else.

kg4uad

Lol, they can take all the time in the world, im just curious where that new output frequency materialized from.

kg4uad

SCPD

QRT
KG4UAD, I think you are correct in your assumption that the database is in error. 151.490 is in the industrial/business pool and would unlikely be licensed as public safety, but not impossible. I know that there are VFDs in Henederson County using business frequencies as TAC channels but they are licensed as such, I don't think the SO would do that as a day to day dispatch channel.

Last edited:

kd8x

I see listed in the database: 151.49000 154.89000 RM 151.4 PL HCSO-DSP-COR
I have monitored the output frequency for some time and have heard nothing. I work in close proximity to Corbin Mtn. and would love to hear the SO better in that area but i have doubts this is valid since the other frequencies broadcast in simulcast while this one remains silent, as well as not being a licensed frequency to Henderson County. Unless something has changed, the voting system the SO uses is still active and still uses 1B/107.2 To Force Select Corbin Mtn. (WQBC515)

Kg4uad

Henderson Co SO is on 155.595 and 154.875 both 151.4 tones....I'm through there everyday and know they are active....Hope this helps....

trumpetman

Database Admin
From the FCC. The pending license is in the ULS database, and has been for almost 3 weeks.

Indeed it has been, thank you for bringing that up, Jeff. There is a method to the madness folks, believe it or not. There have been no negative changes to the database, everything is the same with some slightly superfluous information that will become active with time. The new channel plan came out over a month ago, but cannot go into effect until the FCC approves the new transmitter location (it's still pending, obviously).

ULS Application - Public Safety Pool, Conventional - 0005045991 - HENDERSON, COUNTY OF

firefighter89

It's still pending. There are three emission designators.

11K2F3E - 12.5 kHz analog voice
4K00F1E - 6.25 kHz NXDN voice
8K30F1E - 12.5 kHz NXDN voice

Anyone heard of any plans to switch to digital in the future?

trumpetman

Database Admin
I know the option is there. Most officers carry Kenwood NEXEDGE portables. Not sure what their mobiles are. Narc/CID guys carry P25 portables as well. I'll be up that way in about a week and I'll see what I can find out.

On a side note, most VFDs are also phasing in and testing NEXEDGE private channels, so look for that to happen over the next few months. Narrowbanding reprogramming would be the perfect time for them to add the new channels.

kg4uad

I know the option is there. Most officers carry Kenwood NEXEDGE portables. Not sure what their mobiles are. Narc/CID guys carry P25 portables as well. I'll be up that way in about a week and I'll see what I can find out.

On a side note, most VFDs are also phasing in and testing NEXEDGE private channels, so look for that to happen over the next few months. Narrowbanding reprogramming would be the perfect time for them to add the new channels.

Over 90% of the mobiles (Sheriffs Office) are Kenwood TK-790's. Ive been told they are due to be switched out this summer with NEXEDGE capable mobiles (I think NX-700's would be a safe assumption) and at that point they will flip the digital switch. Currently there is a NEXEDGE repeater up and running that the Sheriffs Office seldom uses however i have noted that the coverage seems really good considering that the field units are only using portables.

Status
Not open for further replies.