Henderson County Scanner Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

runningman

I live in the Greenville SC but spend a lot of time in Henderson Co. NC. I currently have a Uniden BCD996T but I don't think it will work in Henderson Co. Do you have any suggestions on a scanner that will work?

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
I live in the Greenville SC but spend a lot of time in Henderson Co. NC. I currently have a Uniden BCD996T but I don't think it will work in Henderson Co. Do you have any suggestions on a scanner that will work?
According to database, all Henderson County public safety broadcasts are encrypted. Can't be monitored with any scanner.

reconrider8

Yea ive learned to throw the encrypted channels in anyway. You would be surprised what channels are labeled E that still carry open traffic

runningman

I guess I was too busy looking at the trunking system and missed the Please Note. I will have to pay attention to that section in the future.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Henderson County still has some active VHF frequencies used for Fire and EMS tone-outs.

As an Henderson County member, the initial dispatch for Fire & EMS is still active on 154.43/155.265 respectively. After that, all comms on the "new" NXDN trunked systems are fully encrypted. Some FD's still use their repeaters of which most are analog (non-encrypted) with a few being NXDN conventional (non-encrypted). All sheriff's office comms are fully encrypted & I believe HPD is now as well. I know they're using NXDN but will check tomorrow which channels they're on.

runningman

Thanks 2154. I live in Greenville, SC but spend a lot of weekends in Henderson Co. My current scanner Uniden BCD996T works in Greenville but doesn't work with NXDN. I was thinking about getting a new scanner that would work with NXDN but it sounds like with all the encryption that it would be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.