Hendricks County Safe-t tower sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

On the Hendricks County Safe-t tower site listing it shows other tower sites. Those tower sites are site 103,136,177,181,216,239. I have seen a list of tower sites but nothing shows up for these tower sites. Can we get a NEW updated tower sites list posted with these site number. Can anyone SHARE with me where sites 103,136,177,181,239 are located please? Thank for your help.

W9NES

Thanks with RESPECT to you MILF but this did not answer the question that was asked. If you go to the Hendricks County Simucast site You need to look at it. It says that the site has NEIGHBORS.This is posted on the web site. It says the site goes out to Site 103,136,177,181,216,239. You posting on the map does not SHOW any sites of 103,136,177,181,216,239. The question I asked was "Where are these sites located" and the new map does do have any sites 103,136,177,181,216,239. If this is the case those sites need to be CONVERTED to the new sites.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
In order to decode the tower sites listed as Site Neighbors, take the RFSS multiplied by 100 plus the Site.

For example, the Boone County Simulcast site is 1 x 100 + 003 = 103.

1598912249495.png

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Thanks with RESPECT to you MILF but this did not answer the question that was asked. If you go to the Hendricks County Simucast site You need to look at it. It says that the site has NEIGHBORS.This is posted on the web site. It says the site goes out to Site 103,136,177,181,216,239. You posting on the map does not SHOW any sites of 103,136,177,181,216,239. The question I asked was "Where are these sites located" and the new map does do have any sites 103,136,177,181,216,239. If this is the case those sites need to be CONVERTED to the new sites.
The ISPC map shows them all. And they are current. 103 is Zone 1, Site 03 etc. In this case it seriously is easy. 239 is Zone 2, Site 39. The way we get the "Neighboring" lists is to use Pro96Com, Unitrunker etc to monitor and analyze each site. The "neighboring" sites might not be TRUE neighbors in the basic sense, but by the way the system is set up, they are connected as neighbors.

DJ11DLN

Great info. It's not relevant to anything but they sometimes even affil with the Putnamville site, not everything but usually Plainfield LE and Fire, allowing me to hear them even way out here once in awhile. Which I know isn't a big deal given the nature of how the system works but I still find it kind of impressive...in a juvenile sort of way I guess.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Great info. It's not relevant to anything but they sometimes even affil with the Putnamville site, not everything but usually Plainfield LE and Fire, allowing me to hear them even way out here once in awhile. Which I know isn't a big deal given the nature of how the system works but I still find it kind of impressive...in a juvenile sort of way I guess.
Most of the SAFE-T is set up with mutual aid/interop in the forefront of how it works. Most Counties have a ring of at least one, if not two Counties around their primary sites that they can use. For example, Marion County can use a large circle of sites from Boone, to Hendricks, to Hamilton, Hancock, Shelby, Johnson, Morgan etc.. Of course the Primary System is the IDPSC family, but all Public Safety radios have SAFE-T in them and the TG's of the surrounding areas. As all the surrounding areas on SAFE-T also have IDPSC in their radios. From what I understand, most of the State is set up this way. Some sites are more dedicated to a certain local use area, others are wide open to affiliations, and MOST IDOC ones are very limited in affiliation allowances. I know this has been mentioned at least four times previously, but it is good to bring up every now and then for those that don't quite get how these things work.

DJ11DLN

Most of the SAFE-T is set up with mutual aid/interop in the forefront of how it works. Most Counties have a ring of at least one, if not two Counties around their primary sites that they can use. For example, Marion County can use a large circle of sites from Boone, to Hendricks, to Hamilton, Hancock, Shelby, Johnson, Morgan etc.. Of course the Primary System is the IDPSC family, but all Public Safety radios have SAFE-T in them and the TG's of the surrounding areas. As all the surrounding areas on SAFE-T also have IDPSC in their radios. From what I understand, most of the State is set up this way. Some sites are more dedicated to a certain local use area, others are wide open to affiliations, and MOST IDOC ones are very limited in affiliation allowances. I know this has been mentioned at least four times previously, but it is good to bring up every now and then for those that don't quite get how these things work.
Yeah I understand that but I don't think it can be overstated enough that this thing has more in common with a cellular system than with "conventional radio." If I can ever find the (expletives deleted) programming cable for my 197 that I apparently hid from myself and then experienced "selective memory wipe," I'm going to try looking at the sites I can get here with Pro96Com. I could do it with one of the GRE800 types but I really want to use the older radio for various reasons. But just going from what traffic which site carries there are definitely questions I have about why, for instance, the Brazil/Clay site carries Vermillion Co/Clinton PD all the time despite not touching anywyere but why the Bridgeton/Parke site only carries Clay County/Brazil if there's a unit far enough north to affil with it...but carries Vigo/THPD traffic all the time as well.o_O

usswood

Yeah I understand that but I don't think it can be overstated enough that this thing has more in common with a cellular system than with "conventional radio." If I can ever find the (expletives deleted) programming cable for my 197 that I apparently hid from myself and then experienced "selective memory wipe," I'm going to try looking at the sites I can get here with Pro96Com. I could do it with one of the GRE800 types but I really want to use the older radio for various reasons. But just going from what traffic which site carries there are definitely questions I have about why, for instance, the Brazil/Clay site carries Vermillion Co/Clinton PD all the time despite not touching anywyere but why the Bridgeton/Parke site only carries Clay County/Brazil if there's a unit far enough north to affil with it...but carries Vigo/THPD traffic all the time as well.o_O
In certain cases..neighboring dispatch centers have an unused console parked on a certain talkgroup to allow just what you described to occure! I have seen this on unitrunker as well... I will give you a confirmed example that I personally have observed.... The Graysville tower in Sullivan county has THPD on it only because the Sullivan Dispatch Center has one of their consoles parked on this talkgroup that is wired for that tower. I'm not sure why they do this if only to listen to THPD, or for other purposes escapes me. Vigo sheriff comes across this tower because of affiliation and the one ring setup for counties in general, but not THPD (to far out). I couldn't understand how THPD would come across but I do know a retired THPD officer lives in Prairie Creek and I know his radio did affiliate with the tower as he got closer home. After he retired I started to wonder why is THPD still coming across... So I spent a few days monitoring this tower exclusively and what did I find? Sullivan County Dispatch joining this talk-group (84 THPD DISP) that then pushed THPD to the tower. Hope this helps

bdub5

That one guy...
Premium Subscriber
MILF I needed a updated map over the state for safe-t. Thank You.

The updated map is at the link that milf already gave. Here it is again in case you missed it. https://www.in.gov/ipsc/images/System_Map_Feb_2020.pdf

There are several sites across the network that the exact location won’t be publicly released.

You should call IPSC at 317.234.1540 if you have specific questions. I am sure they would be more than happy to help you.

W9NES

AK9R Thank you the question has been asked a couple of times and was not answered until your post. N9BA thanks for your post. So noted.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
The updated map is at the link that milf already gave. Here it is again in case you missed it. https://www.in.gov/ipsc/images/System_Map_Feb_2020.pdf

There are several sites across the network that the exact location won’t be publicly released.

You should call IPSC at 317.234.1540 if you have specific questions. I am sure they would be more than happy to help you.
All sites are documented on FCC data. This is NOT a federal double super top secret system. Only sites you can't do exact location for are SOW/COW and portable suitcase repeaters. Those have a range set for them but no exact location. UNTIL in use, then they can be plotted while in use. This includes the IDOC sites. Those are not going to be on the IPSC primary map, but are mapped on the FCC data, and thus on rrdb data also. Again, this really is NOT rocket science, and some should not make it harder than it really is. Also its funny how some people seem to like to snub actual helpful data you show them multiple times. Until someone points it out that is not the person trying to help. But anyway. On with the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.