Hendricks now has 2 LEO Disp TG's?

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Premium Subscriber
So now seeing that apparently Hendricks has joined other Counties in having multiple Dispatch TG's for LEA's. Numbering is way off for the section, but I have seen IPSC do stranger things on occasion. Though its alpha tag should probably match the others, as in 32P-DISP2, which is what the codeplug would label it as if it is in fact Hendricks Law Enforcement. Wonder if they went to an East/West, or North/South scheme?

IndyScan

Always Connected...
Premium Subscriber
That new one is definitely routine dispatch traffic. Just showed up one day. I'm not used to the Unit numbers out there so I'm not sure how to tell who is who (yet).

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Premium Subscriber
That new one is definitely routine dispatch traffic. Just showed up one day. I'm not used to the Unit numbers out there so I'm not sure how to tell who is who (yet).
I should have said the TG ID numbering, not unit numbering.. It does not fit the scheme. But like I siad, I have seen IPSC do same "interesting" things in this vein before.

cubn

Database Admin
I used to hear Hendricks County broadcast alerts on HMA-1. Then they switched this summer to doing them on TG 12713 and now I hear them back on HMA-1.

This is all heard via the Greenwood site (can't pick up Hendricks sites here).

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager
Super Moderator
That new one is definitely routine dispatch traffic. Just showed up one day.
Are you hearing "normal" dispatch traffic on the new talkgroup? I programmed it into my Unication G4 last night and I have not heard any complete transmissions. Just bits and pieces.

As for unit numbers, the scheme Hendricks uses is agency-type-unit number. 32 Edward 15 is unit 15 in the Hendricks County Sheriff's enforcement division. 13 David 3 is a Brownsburg detective. Etcetera. The more common prefixes are: 32 HCSD, 9 Danville, 11 Pittsboro, 12 Plainfield, 13 Brownsburg, 14 Avon.

IndyScan

Always Connected...
Premium Subscriber
Are you hearing "normal" dispatch traffic on the new talkgroup?
Yes. Routine dispatch traffic on 12713. I haven't been monitoring SAFE-T since I returned from a trip but will turn it on again & see what ProScan logs over the rest of the weekend.

IndyScan

Always Connected...
Premium Subscriber
I logged several hits in the last 24-hours referencing "Headquarters" by dispatch.

Ops 1 and headquarters were encrypted mid summer. During the change they ran HQ on ops 4.
They did have some problems simulcasting BOLs on dispatch and HMA1 earlier this year but they got that fixed.

Radios were programmed this summer to put SMA 1 in channel 14 in case a pursuit goes outside our coverage area which has happened on 74 twice in recent memory.