Hendricks now has 2 LEO Disp TG's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
So now seeing that apparently Hendricks has joined other Counties in having multiple Dispatch TG's for LEA's. Numbering is way off for the section, but I have seen IPSC do stranger things on occasion. Though its alpha tag should probably match the others, as in 32P-DISP2, which is what the codeplug would label it as if it is in fact Hendricks Law Enforcement. Wonder if they went to an East/West, or North/South scheme?

IndyScan

Always Connected...
Premium Subscriber
That new one is definitely routine dispatch traffic. Just showed up one day. I'm not used to the Unit numbers out there so I'm not sure how to tell who is who (yet).

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
That new one is definitely routine dispatch traffic. Just showed up one day. I'm not used to the Unit numbers out there so I'm not sure how to tell who is who (yet).
I should have said the TG ID numbering, not unit numbering.. It does not fit the scheme. But like I siad, I have seen IPSC do same "interesting" things in this vein before.

cubn

Database Admin
I used to hear Hendricks County broadcast alerts on HMA-1. Then they switched this summer to doing them on TG 12713 and now I hear them back on HMA-1.

This is all heard via the Greenwood site (can't pick up Hendricks sites here).

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
That new one is definitely routine dispatch traffic. Just showed up one day.
Are you hearing "normal" dispatch traffic on the new talkgroup? I programmed it into my Unication G4 last night and I have not heard any complete transmissions. Just bits and pieces.

As for unit numbers, the scheme Hendricks uses is agency-type-unit number. 32 Edward 15 is unit 15 in the Hendricks County Sheriff's enforcement division. 13 David 3 is a Brownsburg detective. Etcetera. The more common prefixes are: 32 HCSD, 9 Danville, 11 Pittsboro, 12 Plainfield, 13 Brownsburg, 14 Avon.

IndyScan

Always Connected...
Premium Subscriber
Are you hearing "normal" dispatch traffic on the new talkgroup?
Yes. Routine dispatch traffic on 12713. I haven't been monitoring SAFE-T since I returned from a trip but will turn it on again & see what ProScan logs over the rest of the weekend.

IndyScan

Always Connected...
Premium Subscriber
I logged several hits in the last 24-hours referencing "Headquarters" by dispatch.

Ops 1 and headquarters were encrypted mid summer. During the change they ran HQ on ops 4.
They did have some problems simulcasting BOLs on dispatch and HMA1 earlier this year but they got that fixed.

Radios were programmed this summer to put SMA 1 in channel 14 in case a pursuit goes outside our coverage area which has happened on 74 twice in recent memory.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
And now there is a second OPS 1? I am thinking these are actually regional special ops TG"s that are being mistaken for Hendricks county primary TG's. Also come on, common sense. WHY would they encrypt then run the same traffic on another TG of the TG they just ENCRYPTED? Lets start using some common sense here guys.

west-pac

And now there is a second OPS 1? I am thinking these are actually regional special ops TG"s that are being mistaken for Hendricks county primary TG's. Also come on, common sense. WHY would they encrypt then run the same traffic on another TG of the TG they just ENCRYPTED? Lets start using some common sense here guys.
FWIW, Grant county received 3 additional local TGs last year or so, 12707-12709. Those are just below the TG mentioned above.

west-pac

I see 12712 & 12713 have been added under Grant county as unknown LE. That's interesting. The only mention of 12713 I've read here was for Hendricks county. I'll have to run UT on Grant county, but I believe the recent addition is an error.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
I see 12712 & 12713 have been added under Grant county as unknown LE. That's interesting. The only mention of 12713 I've read here was for Hendricks county. I'll have to run UT on Grant county, but I believe the recent addition is an error.
You may be right on at least the 12712, as the RID's are all so far 32XXX, and 32XXXXX.... Same with 12713... Both are now full time encrypted and showing the Hendricks RID's.... So apparently they did add new TG's that are E. Would not be the first time I got surprised by off the wall Ranges... The ranges are definitely bumping Grant County new stuff... Eating some crow, and will submit a correction to the correction... No idea if the 12713 is a new TAC 1, or OPS 5.... 12712 is an Secure Dispatch... Started logging stuff again now that had some repairs done on my laptop. All I can say is my bad. I really need to see if I can get the new cutsheets etc..... Also noted that ISP GOVSEC (Outside the Capitol Complex) has gone to E full time also.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
There is talk of encrypting Hendricks county law dispatch.
Apparently they added a strapped new one instead of locking the old one down. SO they now have 2, one clear, one secure... I do remember when the powers that be in Hendricks were going to encrypt ALL LE and changed that to the TAC's, and OP's... It was then that I did mention Hancock was in this boat too.. But got shot down.... This means new codeplugs for EVERY LEA in the region.

RayAir

12713 was encrypted when I was there for business. Just checked the dsd+ event logs says enc group call ADP.

west-pac

Simply thinking aloud and making a guess; I'm guessing Grant county received TGs 12707-12709 at the same time Hendricks county received TG 12712, and 12713. If that is the case, following in alphabetically order (Grant-to-Hendricks), and staying in the north zone, TGs 12710 and 12711 will show up, at some point, in either Hancock, Hamilton, or Hendricks counties.

That's simply a guess, but that's where I would be looking for those 2 other TGs.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Won't be Hamilton unless they move to SAFE-T for primary use. Then yes they would need to add several new TG, and repurpose a few also. But I don't see that happening right now.

west-pac

Won't be Hamilton unless they move to SAFE-T for primary use. Then yes they would need to add several new TG, and repurpose a few also. But I don't see that happening right now.

I thought there was a note on Hamilton county's SAFE-T listing, saying they needed a couple fire ground TGs. 🤷‍♂️...I guess that note could be outdated.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
I thought there was a note on Hamilton county's SAFE-T listing, saying they needed a couple fire ground TGs. 🤷‍♂️...I guess that note could be outdated.
If they were to make the move to SAFE-T, then firstly they would need to set up at least 4 to 6 LEA TG's minimum to have the same set up as on IDPS. Then at least 4 more FG's. Then about 20 for schools, DPW, Streets, etc. Again they are not going all out to cover everyone on SAFE-T. They are only wanting bare bones backups. Unlike Lake County etc.

Mattnik

Database Admin

That was a submission I worked, turned out to be an error, it's been reversed.

Status
Not open for further replies.