Hennepin County Broadcastify Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmulder13

The Hennepin County Public Safety Dispatch feed is broadcasting the tactical channels being used to address tonight’s riot. This is in DIRECT violation of Broadcastify’s rules, which state,

Feed Providers are not allowed to broadcast:

* "SWAT type" operations if on channels or talkgroups dedicated to those operations

I have submitted a complaint to Broadcastify, and others should as well. Officers on these talk groups have repeatedly reported that rioters are monitoring their traffic. Does anyone know who is responsible for providing this dangerous and irresponsible feed?

md_p97

The Hennepin County Public Safety Dispatch feed is broadcasting the tactical channels being used to address tonight’s riot. This is in DIRECT violation of Broadcastify’s rules, which state,

Feed Providers are not allowed to broadcast:

* "SWAT type" operations if on channels or talkgroups dedicated to those operations

I have submitted a complaint to Broadcastify, and others should as well. Officers on these talk groups have repeatedly reported that rioters are monitoring their traffic. Does anyone know who is responsible for providing this dangerous and irresponsible feed?

That's really weird. I listened to the feed for over THREE hours and didn't hear that mentioned one single time

ScanRite

Premium Subscriber
Just looked through the terms of service. It does say, "* "SWAT type" operations if on channels or talkgroups dedicated to those operations."
HOWEVER, in looking through the system, I cannot see that ANY channels being broadcast tonight were previously known as a "dedicated SWAT" channel. So I call BS on reporting this as a violation.

fmulder13

The riot response (a SWAT incident if ever there was one) is currently on two patched tactical-designated talkgroups. This is to say nothing of the ethical implications of broadcasting such information to an angry mob that is still looting, assaulting officers, and starting fires.

mnrick

Last night the feed was broadcasting the protest activities over MPLS PD 8 and as far as I can tell that TG is not designated to any specific purpose. I brought the feed up awhile ago and it does not appear to be broadcasting anything at all, totally silent. I do have my scanners on and most of the protest activity tonight seems to be on METAC-4 and S TAC 4. Those are TG's that I have never seen come up on the scanner apps.

In a situation like this I would hope that the feed provider would do the responsible thing and lock out the TG(s) being used so that the protesters cannot monitor the police, it is a potentially dangerous situation for the police.

md_p97

The riot response (a SWAT incident if ever there was one) is currently on two patched tactical-designated talkgroups. This is to say nothing of the ethical implications of broadcasting such information to an angry mob that is still looting, assaulting officers, and starting fires.

Here is a copy of Broadcastify's TOS for your convenience

Our terms of service for law enforcement feeds is now as follows. This is it.

Feed providers agree to ONLY broadcast routine dispatch and special events channels and talkgroups for law enforcement agencies.
What does that mean? It means, that feeds are not allowed to have tactical, tac, car-to-car, NCIC, records, detectives, swat, SRT, supervisors, or any other channels or talkgroups on their feeds.

Routine dispatch and special events channels and talkgroups ONLY.

If a routine dispatch or special events channel or talkgroup happens to have communications such as tactical, tac, car-to-car, NCIC, records, detectives, swat, SRT, and supervisors then that is OK and is not subject to our terms of service.

A check of the Feed Notes shows no tactical channels being broadcast, just normal dispatch.

Midiboy

Premium Subscriber
The cops were concerned about it last night - I heard it come up probably 3 times they felt the protesters were monitoring their radio traffic.

KD7DDC

Even after the feed was deactivated (or whatever caused it to go silent) there was scanner audio on some live streams. Very likely it was from a actual scanner not broadcastify

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Well, the feed is down. I guess this means the rioting will stop and no one will get hurt now.

Actually the feed avoided a confrontation. Cops were looking for a guy with a rifle, even giving his name. Supposedly he heard his name mentioned, according to a police transmission, and he left the area. So the goal was accomplished - getting the rifle out of there.

Pretty much all the police traffic was geared toward moving people from a given area. If the people hear the cops are coming and clear out before, ain't that a good thing because it avoids a clash?

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
There is quite the discussion at Reddit about bystanders watching police kill someone needlessly.

Approx 13,000 people were listening to the feed at Broadcastify around 10 PM EDT.

Steve Lookner at Agenda Free TV on YouTube was broadcasting some of the radio traffic. Cop reports "mortars hitting the police line!". Lookners' yells "MORTARS!?!?" 'Maybe fireworks - he must have meant fireworks.'

keywords - openness

wtp

i would like a delay on feeds ONLY for one reason...
i could go to it and hear the original dispatch, kind of like going back in time.

saying that someone had to have heard something on a certain site, is foolish.
there are many sites and have you ever thought what has us all here.....they have a scanner.
and nowadays someone could sit at home listen to a scanner and phone a friend.

jwoody062

Premium Subscriber
Taking the feed down is BS,I listened to it for a couple of hours and never heard any TAC comms,whats the point of having a feed if youre going to take it down when a major event happens,i guess i will only listen to my own scanners and discontinue using broadcastify,thanks for nothing

Wow...really dude..... just....bug off. U clearly have no idea how things work or what you are talking about.
No violations happened. The people have a RIGHT to be able to listen to these scanners. The people need to stay informed.
Thankfully, I have my own scanner and can listen to the normal channels fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.