Hennepin Multicast problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

miked9372

Premium Subscriber
i believe i have a multicast problem the audio cuts in and out with an 800mhz antenna attached right now while driving around. i have all of the system Freq for Hennepin West and am confused on which freq to keep and which to get rid of. as you can see each site as mutiple freq (see link) I currently live in Rogers and want whole metro coverage.

WPKK355 (HENNEPIN, COUNTY OF) FCC Callsign Details

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Well, suffice it to say programming a scanner to receive the ARMER system in the metro area is not for the faint-hearted. It is an extremely complex system with the interaction of many sub-systems to the whole ARMER system.

See: Allied Radio Matrix for Emergency Response (ARMER) Trunking System, Various, Minnesota - Scanner Frequencies

The sites I have programmed in my scanner for trips to Minneapolis are: Hennepin East, Hennepin West, Minneapolis NS (the Minneapolis sub-system), Minneapolis City Center (the state sub-system in Minneapolis), Ramsey and Anoka.

The talkgroups I program (and this is for my scanning preferences) are Minneapolis police and fire, Hennepin fire, Bloomington Fire, Anoka fire, state patrol, Ramsey fire and all the interoperability talkgroups.

Thus if you have programmed only Hennpin West, you'll lose any reception when you get out of that sub-system's coverage footprint. Given how this system is arranged and the interaction of all the sub-systems, individual sub-system coverage footprints tend to be small. (Hennepin West is a sub-system.)

So give adding those additional sites a try and see what happens. If you still have problems, let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.