Henrico County EMS talkgroups at NASCAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

shumadine

I see where Henrico Fire & EMS has a lot of talkgroups. Does anyone know if any of these talkgroups are dedicated to track operations at RIR during the race?

I always listen to the Henrico "Police/Fire Shared" talkgroups for police activity which is very interesting. But I've never listened to any of the other EMS talkgroups on race day and was wondering if they were worth listening to during the race.

dtscho

Database Admin
I believe Fire/EMS uses one of the Police/Fire Tacs for operations at RIR. They've also used Fire Tac 12 and Fire Tac 13 for previous events.

Dave

shumadine

Thanks guys. "Regionwide 2" talk group had a lot of interesting activity on it last night also.

trainman111

Premium Subscriber
I was at the race last night and this is the activity I heard.

Regionwide 1 (20112)- Mention of transporting from the track to lockup, I'm assuming HPD

Regionwide 2 (201128)- Fire & EMS calls inside and outside of the track.

PD/FD Tac 2 (17264) - Law Enforcement in the parking lots and inside track

PD/FD Tac 3 (17280) - Air Ops? Heard dispatcher advise unit they could return to base, but that she'd need them back up in the air at 75 laps to go. Would advise when 100 laps were left.

PD/FD Tac 4 (17296) - Traffic Control

I didn't hear a single peep on P/F Tac 5, BoxAlarm. Who was utilizing that patch? Anyone else have any unique catches?

shumadine

130.875 was good at times to listen to some of the helicopter traffic. And you don't need a digital scanner to receive it.

trainman111

Premium Subscriber
Ah! I was curious as to what frequency they were using, but didn't have enough radios with my to dedicate one for searching the air band. I'll make note of it for next time.

shumadine

I wasn't at the race this past Saturday, but at home I could hear Henrico EMS activity at the track on Talkgroup 17648 as Dave mentioned above from 2 years ago.

The helicopter channel 130.875 continued to be entertaining as well.

trainman111

Premium Subscriber
Primary Fire/EMS Ops were on 20176 "Regionwide 2" with 20192 "Regionwide 3" being used as overflow. HFD Tac 13 was patched with RW2 for communications between Henrico Communications and the track and units responding from outside of the track to incidents within the track perimeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.