Henrico Silence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeBeCinYa

I live in Henrico county and for the past 24 hrs or more my pro-106 hasn't picked up a single word from any of the Police, Fire or EMS channels. Is their system down or did something change? Even the streaming through the iPhone app is silent. Anyone know why?

WeBeCinYa

Strange, I've never had this issue before. Other talk groups are working fine, just Henrico is silent. I guess I'll reprogram the 106 tomorrow. Any reason why this would have happened? It still shows scanning of the channels in the group.
What's more the online feed is also down too for Henrico, just a coincidence?

WeBeCinYa

they may have changed to a control channel you don't have programmed.

Hmm, that's where my knowledge stops. When I program my radio with Win 500, how would I know what control channel is required? Thanks for the help.

hfd376

Premium Subscriber
I'm guessing they have cut over to the new re-banded channel plan. The control channels listed in the database are silent.

pikapp159

I’m in the same boat. Programmed my Trunktracker IV in May 2012 and all was well until yesterday evening. The scanner had been parked on Henrico West all day but went silent sometime yesterday (Wednesday) evening. I now get nothing from Henrico and very little from Richmond. Most of the traffic I see now is Chesterfield. I verified the control channel frequencies against those listed here and they match.

Initially I thought my scanner was failing but my PRO-2096 is also silent for Henrico. Additionally a number of web sites which I occasionally visit that stream Henrico are also silent.

What there a change? Is there a new control channel frequency?

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Yep, Henrico is rebanded

As of 1:31am, the CC is 857.5125. It's bringing up some of the listed Henrico voice channels as well as 853.725, which is 15 MHz below 868.725--a logical rebanding.

Note that police dispatch freqs and fire response tacs will appear on Richmond & Chesterfield CC's & VC's as well, so someone who has programmed all 3 localities as a single TSYS will still hear at least some Henrico traffic. People who have Henrico programmed separately with its own TSYS will probably hear silence until adding this, and any new CC's that turn up.

Best way to find them AFAIK is to search 851-861 and listen for digital with no voice. Hit Func-Tune and see if it loads up as a 3600 baud CC SysID: 6F3A

Third line of PSR-500/600 in Tune mode should read ##% SID:6F3A S01 for Henrico (where ## are numbers)

For Richmond CC last character group will be S03. For Chesterfield, last character group will be S02

Since the localities don't regularly rotate their CC's we may encounter some surprise silences over time which require us to search for the new CC's

Happy Hunting, all!

73/Allen (N4JRI)

troymail

Silent Key
Pending license changes on fcc.gov in the last week or so are showing these new "lower" frequencies being added:

WPJQ516 (Henrico)

WPMY244 (Henrico)

WQNI646 (Henrico)

WeBeCinYa

Anyone know when the data base on Radio Reference will be updated with the new control channel? I use this data base to program via Win 500 for my pro-106. I am not technical to know how to manually add the new control channel, unless someone can walk me through it. Thanks again all.

troymail

Silent Key
I wasn't sure if anyone submitted the change to RR so I went ahead and dropped the DB admins (via "Submit" for the system) a note about this thread....

If that submission is accepted (Dave's pretty good about these kinds of things!) it could be updated as soon as today.... On the other hand, if they way I submitted it turns out to not be acceptable, it could be rejected.

Someone who has confirmed at least the new CC frequency should submit the change (and anything else they have confirmed) to be sure the update is made.

:wink:

dtscho

Database Admin
Yes, got the new control channel in the database. If someone could run Unitrunker (or similar program), and submit the primary and alternate controls, as well as confirmed voice frequencies, that would be appreciated. Or just note the new voice frequencies being used as your scanner scans/searches for talkgroups.

(I'm too far north to get Henrico, or I'd do it.)

Thanks,
Dave

WeBeCinYa

Yes, got the new control channel in the database. If someone could run Unitrunker (or similar program), and submit the primary and alternate controls, as well as confirmed voice frequencies, that would be appreciated. Or just note the new voice frequencies being used as your scanner scans/searches for talkgroups.

(I'm too far north to get Henrico, or I'd do it.)

Thanks,
Dave

Great! So if I connect to database through Win 500 to reprogram, all the new primary channels should upload as well as the new voice frequencies, right?

dtscho

Database Admin
The only frequencies that will upload are the ones in the database. I added the new control channel, and changed 868.7250 to 853.7250. Everything else is the same. (I did not change all the 866-869 MHz freqs to 851-854 MHz freqs. I'll wait to get confirmation on the individual voice channels.)

As long as the control channel continues to be 857.5125, you should be fine.

Dave

WeBeCinYa

Just reprogrammed the 106 and I'm back up and running! I saw that the new control channel is in the freq listing.
How often does this control channel change? Yearly?
Thanks to all for the help! What an excellent resource.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
It seems to me that Chesterfield used to rotate channels every 24 hours back in their analog days. These days, Richmond seems to always be 868.95. (So try 853.95 if they go silent) Henrico is still holding steady on 857.5125. I think I just say 851.7375 as a voice channel. 855.9875 for sure.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Status
Not open for further replies.