Henry co P25 SYS ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I understand some testing is underway with the new Henry county P25 system.

Does anyone have the System ID for this? If not, how can I obtain it without being there to snag it OTA?

Thank you in advance

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I will program in tonight see if i hear anything and catch sysid for you.

Hey that would be great!

And the WACN. I have a G4 I want to put it in. FFFF just doesn't cut it, you have to have a WACN in it for a P25 trunking system, or it just won't hear anything

troymail

Silent Key
From the docs:

WACN
Selects (in hex format) the identification number of the WACN (Wide Area Communication Network) within which the radio normally operates. The WACN ID can be set to 'FFFFF' which means radio can automatically search and match a appropriate WACN ID to use.

SYSID
Selects (in hex format) the identification number of the P25 Trunking System on which this radio normally operates. The System ID can be set to 'FFF' which means radio can automatically search and match a appropriate System ID to use.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I am familiar, and have been going back and forth with Unication rep about it (not complaining, just asking about it) and it has come down to, without the WACN, my G4 is silent.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Are you using FFFF or FFFFF?

Yep, FFF works for SYS ID (Sorry, I know I asked for Sys ID at first) but I need the WACN, nothing comes through, a signal won't even show up, with FFFF as WACN on a P25 trunking system

troymail

Silent Key
Yep, FFF works for SYS ID (Sorry, I know I asked for Sys ID at first) but I need the WACN, nothing comes through, a signal won't even show up, with FFFF as WACN on a P25 trunking system

Ok but just to be clear are you entering a WACN of four F's or five F's? It needs to be five but you keep indicating four - just trying to make sure.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Ok but just to be clear are you entering a WACN of four F's or five F's? It needs to be five but you keep indicating four - just trying to make sure.

Absolutely sure, I have other systems in it and all pick up fine with the correct WACN, and I have been over this with a Unication tech, and I just need the WACN to see if I can catch anything on Henry co's new P25 system that is "supposed" to be in testing phases. Just wanted to comfirm this and see what I could hear.

troymail

Silent Key
Absolutely sure, I have other systems in it and all pick up fine with the correct WACN, and I have been over this with a Unication tech, and I just need the WACN to see if I can catch anything on Henry co's new P25 system that is "supposed" to be in testing phases. Just wanted to comfirm this and see what I could hear.

ok - I started questioning myself so to be sure, I just took a known system with a known WACN and SYSID, created a new copy of that system, changed the WACN to FFFFF and SYSID to FFF and it's working fine.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
ok - I started questioning myself so to be sure, I just took a known system with a known WACN and SYSID, created a new copy of that system, changed the WACN to FFFFF and SYSID to FFF and it's working fine.

Ok....

Does anyone have the Sys ID or WACN for Henry co. Georgia's new (in testing phase) P25 system?

That's all I ask for...

....Please....

Status
Not open for further replies.