Henry Co S.O. & Napoleon P.D. NEW Ohio MARCS-IP Frequencies and Talkgroups

Greg43545

I have the Henry Co. S.O. and Napoleon P.D. frequencies programmed in the Northwest Ohio Regional Public Safety System.

Recently, I noticed the radio traffic has diminished. After inquiring with my nephew, who is an EMT with a local EMS Department, I was advised that both the Henry County Sheriff and the Napoleon Police Department have switched to the Ohio MARCS-IP System.

I did a search on Radio Reference and noticed those new frequencies and talk groups are not yet listed. I also did a search on the Internet and found the same result.

Does anyone have the frequencies and talk groups for those agencies, or have a source where they can be found?

Last edited by a moderator:

INDaviation

Custom title goes here
Premium Subscriber
If you're using favorites lists to scan, just set MARCS to ID Search instead of ID Scan. This will allow all talkgroups to pass through, instead of just the ones programmed in. This is a good way to find talkgroups not in the database.

n8rld

I have heard SO on 23618 and Napoleon PD on23736
I have the Holgate and Neapolis Control Channel Frequencies programmed 771.28125 and 773.88125 respectively

Greg43545

If you're using favorites lists to scan, just set MARCS to ID Search instead of ID Scan. This will allow all talkgroups to pass through, instead of just the ones programmed in. This is a good way to find talkgroups not in the database.
Thank you, I've been doing so and think I've got them. When I confirm it, I will post it to RadioReference.

Greg43545

I have heard SO on 23618 and Napoleon PD on23736
I have the Holgate and Neapolis Control Channel Frequencies programmed 771.28125 and 773.88125 respectively
I've been searching on Ohio MARCS-IP as per the above member's recommendation and writing down what sounds like the applicable Talk Group numbers.

I too have written down 23618 for Henry Co S.O. and 23736 for Napoleon PD traffic.

Do you know for sure that these are indeed the talk group numbers from a human "source", or have you been searching Ohio MARCS-IP as I have?

Last edited by a moderator:

n8rld

I've been searching on Ohio Marcs-IP as per the above member's recommendation and writing down what sounds like the applicable Talk Group numbers.

I too have written down 23618 for Henry Co S.O. and 23736 for Napoleon PD traffic.

Do you know for sure that these are indeed the talk group numbers from a human "source", or have you been searching Ohio Marcs-IP as I have?
This was from searching

Greg43545

This was from searching
OK Gotcha.

Would you say those are indeed the talk groups then?

(( The reason I'm asking is, I recently advised a family friend to buy the SDS100 and programmed it for them, and I want to get it correctly programmed for them as soon as possible. ))

n8rld

OK Gotcha.

Would you say those are indeed the talk groups then?

(( The reason I'm asking is, I recently advised a family friend to buy the SDS100 and programmed it for them, and I want to get it correctly programmed for them as soon as possible. ))
I am pretty cofident from what I've heard

KQA726

I am surprised if this is the case. Henry County has a chunk of the NWOH system going to waste if they are using MARCS instead. My guess is that the MARCS cost per radio per month is higher than the NWOPSS? Sounds like maybe the Fire Chiefs are getting pressured to buy into the MARCS system using some fed money, so with Henry County Fire moving to MARCS, then LE probably wants to be on the same system as them. Too bad, as the audio on the Henry County system is far better than the Lucas County units. Oh well.