Henry County 700 MHz TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
The last I heard is that it will be part of the Northwest Ohio Regional Public Safety System. If you look at the contact information on the application, it lists the person that is in charge of that system.

spwalker04

Yes, Henry Co is in the process of switching to the Northwest Ohio Regional Public Safety System. I would imagine by late spring we'll be switched over. The Sheriff's Office is currently operating on MARCS and has been for about a year.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
For those in and around Henry County, this site is now online. Right now its showing a control channel of 771.70625 and is listed as site 003 on the Northwest Ohio Regional Public Safety Radio System. I am to far out to monitor to see if there has been any activity yet. I did submit this information to the database.

Wood county seems to be split on the issue- Northern is on NW Ohio System, BG/Sheriff on their own DMR, some small FD are getting pressured into MARCS, when the NWOH Regional is probably a better choice, but the FD chiefs might not realize that.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
The fire departments weren't pressured into going to MARCS. The fire departments got together and decided the best fit for the departments not on the NWOPSRS was MARCS. Plus they got grants to pay for MARCS, something they would not have gotten if they joined the NWOPSRS.

bigaloh

Premium Subscriber
I am not picking up Henry or Wood County on my Home Patrol. Do I need to reprogram something? Totally clueless here... All help appreciated.

Greg43545

The Henry County Ohio Sheriff Department, in Napoleon, Ohio, is NOT currently on the Northwest Ohio Regional Public Safety System with the primary control channel of 771.70625 and TGID of 10488. They will not be on that until later.

They ARE currently on Ohio MARCS-IP: Multi-Agency Radio Communications with the primary control channel of 773.30625, and the alternate control channel is 771.28125 with the TGID of 54806.

I live in Henry County and discovered this information by using the search mode on my BCD325P2

ctpd845

Feed Provider
Anyone in the Henry County area get the Northwest Signal newspaper or subscribe to the online version. They had a story about a week and a half ago talking about the latest delay with this system and I was curious what was causing the this delay.

Greg43545

Anyone in the Henry County area get the Northwest Signal newspaper or subscribe to the online version. They had a story about a week and a half ago talking about the latest delay with this system and I was curious what was causing the this delay.

I didn't catch the article but I have a nephew who is an EMT in Henry County who advised there are a lot of politics going on between the County Commissioners, Head of the County Emergency Dept., Sheriff Dept., and County Fire Chiefs. Many Departments still have yet to put the new monitoring stations in that will hold the new radios.

First they were going to go with the Northwest Ohio Regional Public Safety System, but that met with resistance from some Department Heads. The Sheriff then decided to go with Ohio MARCS-IP while everyone else in the County ( Napoleon PD, Fire & EMS plus all county EMS and Fire Depts. as well as Deshler PD ) are still on the old 155.xxx freqs.

My Nephew has attended meetings and advised no one is on the same page, but the plan is for ALL to go to Ohio MARCS-IP sometime in the future. I asked when that might take place. He advised that my guess was as good as his but that he doesn't see it happening in 2019.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
I was able to get a copy of the commissioners meeting minutes from the end of August. They are still planning on going to the NWOPSRS but they are having issues with a contractor. They area waiting for new fiber lines to be installed at the sheriff's office for dispatch. Once that is completed they will cutover to the NWOPSRS.

Sting11

Over the past few weeks have been receiving police dispatch traffic on TGID 13778 with Henry County (35XXXXX) Unit IDs. Haven’t been able to ID the department.

Sting11

Just received new (to me) TGID 13818, discussion between UIDs 3568512 and 3568521. Casual discussion, sounded like they were testing out radios. Wondering what towers they'd hit when transporting to Bryan. Seemed like maybe an EMS Tac.

Thatsclear

Premium Subscriber
The Henry County Ohio Sheriff Department, in Napoleon, Ohio, is NOT currently on the Northwest Ohio Regional Public Safety System with the primary control channel of 771.70625 and TGID of 10488. They will not be on that until later.

They ARE currently on Ohio MARCS-IP: Multi-Agency Radio Communications with the primary control channel of 773.30625, and the alternate control channel is 771.28125 with the TGID of 54806.

I live in Henry County and discovered this information by using the search mode on my BCD325P2
54806? I don't show this in the MARCS database. Did you submit it?

spwalker04

Over the past few weeks have been receiving police dispatch traffic on TGID 13778 with Henry County (35XXXXX) Unit IDs. Haven’t been able to ID the department.
It is probably Napoleon PD, they are switched over to the Lucas Co system as is Napoleon Fire. The rest of the county is supposed to be switched over by the end of the month.

Sting11

I’ve probably been missing a ton of Henry County traffic because I’ve had my location settings fouled up in my SDS scanners. Now hearing dispatch traffic on Operations 16-10 (TGID 13688). Working to identify.

Update: Dispatcher is UID 3566005. Mobile UID 3566514 and 3566500.

Last edited:

spwalker04

I’ve probably been missing a ton of Henry County traffic because I’ve had my location settings fouled up in my SDS scanners. Now hearing dispatch traffic on Operations 16-10 (TGID 13688). Working to identify.

Update: Dispatcher is UID 3566005. Mobile UID 3566514 and 3566500.
I believe that 16-10 is a Napoleon Fire Ops channel. They page on their main channel and have been switching to 16-10 when enroute. If you can hear their paging, which is also being simulcast on their VHF channel, the dispatcher will assign them an Ops channel when paging.

Sting11

Operations 16-10 (TGID 13688) is at least confirmed to be Napoleon Fire and Rescue EMS Dispatch. Waiting to hear if they dispatch Fire units on this TGID as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.