Henry County DMR System

Status
Not open for further replies.

kib669

Henry County is putting in a multi-site Tier 3 DMR trunking system. Integrated Communications from Memphis won the bid and has started licensing the system. It will be a 6 site system: County's Grove Hill tower in Paris, water tank in Cottage Grove, water tank in Henry, water tank in Puryear, water tank in Springville, and Wood's tower in Bucannan. License has same three frequencies at all sites (453.025, 453.5875 and 460.3125) so must be simulcast with two additional channels at the Paris site only (453.2625 and 453.475). Not sure how the extra two channels will operate at Paris site. All sites are lower power, no more than 50 watts.

Fallguy67

Yes.....I've been following this in the paper as well.

Forgive my ignorance, lots has changed since I bought my first 4 channel crystal scanner so long ago....but will I still be able to hear their broadcast on my Uniden BC125?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
No you will need a SDS100 or SDS200 as this will be a Simulcast system with DMR License also not sure if they will be encrypted or not as this will be a little different system than the Carroll County DMR Trunking System.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
BCD436HP. BCD536HP. BCD325P2, BCD996P2, or the SDS100, SDS200 with PAID DMR Upgrade from Uniden will work on the system.

bubbajoe56

A friend of mine had read that Henry county was upgrading their radio system and ask if her current scanner would still work. I found this post and determined it would not work with the new DMR system.
Has the new radio system gone live yet? I do not have a scanner myself to check the Henry Co. radio transmissions.
I was thinking of getting her a BCD536HP and setting it up for her.
Second question is Henry Co. going to implement encryption on their radio transmissions which will make using a scanner a moot point.
I have noticed the the Broadcastify feed has been off line for while.

Thanks for any information you can supply.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
The Equipment racks are built and at the RADIO SHOP this will be a 6 site Simulcast System and the only scanners that handle this are the SDS100 Handheld $650 and the SDS200 Base $699 no word has been released about the encryption yet.

ka4bni

Feed Provider
I have been told that the main dispatch talk groups will not be encrypted, but tactical talkgroups will be encrypted. They will be installing gateways between the County law, County fire, and EMS analog channels to their trunked counterpart talk groups. Paris PD and FD analog will not be gatewayed and will eventually go silent.
Probably looking at December before the system comes up for testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.