Here Comes Uniden...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkatzjr45

Senior Member - Emeritus
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your kind comment..It just made my day...

Last edited by a moderator:

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Actually, he was nicer than a lot of members would have been.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Actually, he was nicer than a lot of members would have been.

Nicer than me, certainly.

The 'P2s also support ProVoice which, if you are interested in the OKC PD or FD, is a really big thing. So big that I'm thinking of selling at least one of my BCD996XTs and getting a BCD996P2 to replace it. My experience with the BCD436HP makes it easy to ignore the BCD536HP. :lol:

So who wants a BCD996XT???

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber

The 'P2s also support ProVoice which, if you are interested in the OKC PD or FD, is a really big thing. So big that I'm thinking of selling at least one of my BCD996XTs and getting a BCD996P2 to replace it. My experience with the BCD436HP makes it easy to ignore the BCD536HP. :lol:

Me Too, have already sold the 996XT (1 of 2) and am waiting on a good deal on the P2. I would really be happy to find a work around on the Remote Head issue.

movinon

Premium Subscriber

Just curious what you didn't like about the 436hp? I am thinking about adding one to my shack.
I have had the 536hp for a few months and like it so far. The provoice was why i bought the 536 and i am enjoying hearing ocpd again.
I would like to monitor the Edmond okc area DMR but haven't figured out how to get the frequencies properly programed. I did the dmr upgrade but not able to copy the Edmond frequency i am just getting noise.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Just curious what you didn't like about the 436hp? I am thinking about adding one to my shack.
I have had the 536hp for a few months and like it so far. The provoice was why i bought the 536 and i am enjoying hearing ocpd again.
I would like to monitor the Edmond okc area DMR but haven't figured out how to get the frequencies properly programed. I did the dmr upgrade but not able to copy the Edmond frequency i am just getting noise.

It took a LONG time to get comfortable with it. The 396T/XT were complicated at first, too, but they were less complex. uSD issues early on (all fixed), battery problems (fixed by Uniden), problems with favorites list concept (you really want all your systems in one or two FLs at the most; FL != System). By the time ProVoice was offered, I was fairly OK with it. Of course, I'd had it nearly two years by then. It's an OK scanner (now) but given the choice between replacing the 996XT in the car with a 536HP or a 996P2, I'll take the latter in a heartbeat.

I will note that I've had NO RF issues with any of these; all are as sensitive as I need (YMMV). It's all been in the interface and some of the hardware.

movinon

Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks for the reply. I have had the 536 only 6 months but it was had for me to get the software all figure out. I finally got dmr working.
Thanks to the OP.
I followed that link a read it all again. The audio options was what I had missed....lol...search for color codes......really???
Digital just ruined my old scanners but they still work for air shows at Tinker AFB.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks for the reply. I have had the 536 only 6 months but it was had for me to get the software all figure out. I finally got dmr working.
Thanks to the OP.
I followed that link a read it all again. The audio options was what I had missed....lol...search for color codes......really???
Digital just ruined my old scanners but they still work for air shows at Tinker AFB.

Yeah, and talkgroups. That's really taken to the extreme on the DMR ham repeaters (443.825 here in Norman). The public safety stuff I've been listening to, mostly across the river in McClain Co, seems to really not be using the TDMA or talkgroup stuff much at all. More like a conventional repeater, only DMR.

Status
Not open for further replies.