Here I am again. !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

muskie999

Latest message from the most confused scanner fool on the web. Ok, you who have maybe missed my exploits, 1st i can't type worth a darn, But Have Pro 164, running xp os, downloaded 3 software programs, Win 97, Arc 300, proedit? can't get any to download to my wonderful upgraded scanner. I also have a Pro79, works! what was I thinking!! Anyway can't get any of those to work spent over 10 hours now, then my scanner says to me "all channels locked out" FOR SALE ALL, THIS CRAP AND MY BRAIN TO SCIENCE? or if you guys could help me again, it will sure be fun to add to this stress relieving hobby. If it wasn't for my real love, storm spotting. I would just go on to the nursing home and ogle nurses.
Thanks for lending an ear.
Mike

RWS23499

pro 164

Mike,
Ihave the pro163 and Arc 300. I didn't read the manual and got mine working.I got frustrated with Win97, and went to ARC300. Here is what I did
1.Hook scanner from IF port to computer.
2 Open ARC 300.
3 Check to get the right comm port.
4.Hit down tab on ARC 300 ( download what is in scanner to computer.) Watch the progress bar.
5 Hit RR button on ARC300 to pick my frequencies. Checked the ones I wanted.
6 Hit the import button on ARC300 and also hit the clipboard button.
7 Hit the upload button and wait for it to upload.
8 Unplugged the cable when the upload said to.
9.Hit scan button on scanner. Should be finished

That is what worked for me. I am not a computer geek just an old guy that gets frustrated too.
Hopes this will help Rick

Highpockets

Latest message from the most confused scanner fool on the web. Ok, you who have maybe missed my exploits, 1st i can't type worth a darn, But Have Pro 164, running xp os, downloaded 3 software programs, Win 97, Arc 300, proedit? can't get any to download to my wonderful upgraded scanner. I also have a Pro79, works! what was I thinking!! Anyway can't get any of those to work spent over 10 hours now, then my scanner says to me "all channels locked out" FOR SALE ALL, THIS CRAP AND MY BRAIN TO SCIENCE? or if you guys could help me again, it will sure be fun to add to this stress relieving hobby. If it wasn't for my real love, storm spotting. I would just go on to the nursing home and ogle nurses.
Thanks for lending an ear.
Mike

I sent you a PM (Private Message)..

Status
Not open for further replies.