Here Kitty Kitty Kitty - WOW !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
JEFFERSON TOWNSHIP, New Jersey -- A piece of artillery that was apparently misfired by the military crashed through the roof of a New Jersey home miles away Friday and injured a young girl's cat, which had to be euthanized, officials said.

No people were injured when the two-pound piece hit the Jefferson Township home about two-and-a- half miles from the Picatinny Arsenal and landed in the girl's bed, said Peter Rowland, arsenal spokesman. She wasn't home, but her cat was sleeping on the bed.

The homeowner told authorities she heard a loud noise around 2:40 p.m. and found the 6-by-4-inch object.

Picatinny officials told The Star-Ledger of Newark they were investigating. The base had been conducting tests Friday, and it wasn't immediately clear what type of artillery hit the home.

Picatinny is the site of the Armament Research, Development and Engineering Center, whose mission is to conduct research, development and engineering for weapons systems.

jb872033

"Picatinny officials told The Star-Ledger of Newark they were investigating. The base had been conducting tests Friday, and it wasn't immediately clear what type of artillery hit the home."

The above passage taken in context out of the article is probally the scariest part. i would however think that if you are testing artillery you might point it AWAY FROM HOUSES?? i dont know, just my opinion...they ought to just go back to good old desert testing!!

JB

kb2vxa

Banned
"...if you are testing artillery you might point it AWAY FROM HOUSES??"

If your spotter is using Google Earth there's just no telling which way it's pointing until he sees the burst... IF he's looking in the right direction.

"...and it wasn't immediately clear what type of artillery hit the home."

Because they haven't found where the range officer is hiding... Wait a minute, they just cornered him and are about to take him into custody for interrogation.

http://www.yobbo.co.nz/images/funny_photos/cat_being_20gun_down_small.jpg

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
i am near the area, and i can say, the arsenal had two choices, they could have pointed at houses, or the major state highway, either way its still dangerous. im curious to see whats going to come out of this

mikepdx

What a CAT-astrophe!
To have something like that CAT-apulted into your home.

A piece of artillery that was apparently misfired by the military...
I'm sure that they will CAT-egorically deny that.

A misfire? It fired perfectly. More like a misAIM.

lakekid313 said:
...the arsenal had two choices, they could have pointed at houses, or the major state highway...
Yeah, that's logical. I would have chose houses myself.

Moral of the story: Don't live within range of artillery. Duh!

Last edited:

ScanDaBands

Banned
mikepdx said:
What a CAT-astrophe!
To have something like that CAT-apulted into your home.

I'm sure that they will CAT-egorically deny that.
Sha GRIN !!!!!!!!!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.