Here's mine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

W6SDF

AKA Scorch
I'm confined to the garage and it's temp fluxuations. The 2 RS2006's on the bottom are, alas, relegated to only providing baseband audio for the decoding programs. Kind of like the end of the B-17s career being used as flying bombs and drone targets. :(

Also throwing in one of my flight simulator, a 10 year "work (always) in progress". You can't see it but there is a throttle, stick, and rudder pedals. I have all of the buttons & switches for the instrument panel and a cool USB interface, just not enough time...

Attachments

• IMAG0019.jpg
    IMAG0019.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 2,436
  • IMAG0012.jpg
    IMAG0012.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 2,395

mgolden2

I'm confined to the garage and it's temp fluxuations. The 2 RS2006's on the bottom are, alas, relegated to only providing baseband audio for the decoding programs. Kind of like the end of the B-17s career being used as flying bombs and drone targets. :(

Also throwing in one of my flight simulator, a 10 year "work (always) in progress". You can't see it but there is a throttle, stick, and rudder pedals. I have all of the buttons & switches for the instrument panel and a cool USB interface, just not enough time...

VERY cool !!

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Looking good,what game are you using for the flight simulator? Microsoft Flight Simulator X ?

W6SDF

AKA Scorch
That's correct, MS FS-X. I am a WW II fighter nut but there are no good ones out there now (are there?) that run on Win 7. I'm waiting for one that will let me put the instuments on the 4th monitor in the instrument panel. I was pretty happy with MS Combat II & III but they won't run on 7. Installed a dual boot to XP but can't use 3 monitors with out hooking up the old matrox VGA triple head. Too much work.

SCPD

QRT
Very cool idea of mounting the monitors on the wall, very clean, adds much more desk space

russellmaher

KC1ANC
It's a really nice setup, and the sim is cool also! The bottle on the desktop is clearly empty, so

have you been drinkin' and scannin'?? LOL...

Russell

W6SDF

AKA Scorch
Very cool idea of mounting the monitors on the wall, very clean, adds much more desk space

Clean, except for the wiring. That's always a work in progress. With 5 PC's & all the scanner & Ham wiring, the bottom & back look like a spaghetti factory.

You need the fuselage from a old cessna to put in your garage and mount the flight sim in.

The Ramona airport has a bunch of hulks in a yard that I've been scoping out...

It's a really nice setup, and the sim is cool also! The bottle on the desktop is clearly empty, so

have you been drinkin' and scannin'?? LOL...

Russell

Yes...and flying too! :eek: :D

W6SDF

AKA Scorch
I love the computer desk where did you pick it up ? shack looks very good.

I got it at a local "oak" furniture shop in El Cajon. I put oak in parens because it is made of a little oak vernier, some oak molding, and a LOT of particle board! I didn't know that when I naively bought it for an extravagant amount of money 15 years ago. But it's served its purpose well, first as a corner computer desk in our condo when new and I had nowhere else to put a computer (2nd floor no less), and now as a POS only fit for the garage. It sat around for a year when we moved in here, I even tried to sell it, with no takers. Finally I shoved it in the corner and it has a new lease on life. I actually enjoy the heck out of it now.

mibzzer15

Heres a peice of advice for you....with all those monitors and keyboards and mouses...lookup a program called Synergy. Heres the link - Synergy I have 3 computers I use at all times and I only use 1 keyboard and mouse for all....It is sorta like a software KVM switch....You can share a single mouse and keyboard with all computers on 1 network....I'll be honest tho...its a bit of an *** to setup (and sometimes doesn't work without a network router restart)..so let me know if you need help if you decide to use this....

Plus you got a great looking setup and flight sim...I've been using the good ole Saitek X52 control systems...what do you have?

W6SDF

AKA Scorch
New Addition!

Well, not new, just put into use the last of my RS2006's. It has a CE-232 interface which when run with Pro-Turbo (on screen, not really readable) gives complete control of the scanner and a text readout of what the freq hit is. I'm using it for Airport/Aircraft monitoring. Pro-Turbo was a very powerful program in it's day, as was the CE-232 from Bill Cheek. You could even build a trunk tracking system with it and I did way back when ('97 or so) and man, that was stylin'!

http://forums.radioreference.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35732&stc=1&d=1328325822

Attachments

• IMAG0027.jpg
    IMAG0027.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,477

W6SDF

AKA Scorch
Heres a peice of advice for you....with all those monitors and keyboards and mouses...lookup a program called Synergy. Heres the link - Synergy I have 3 computers I use at all times and I only use 1 keyboard and mouse for all....It is sorta like a software KVM switch....You can share a single mouse and keyboard with all computers on 1 network....I'll be honest tho...its a bit of an *** to setup (and sometimes doesn't work without a network router restart)..so let me know if you need help if you decide to use this....

Plus you got a great looking setup and flight sim...I've been using the good ole Saitek X52 control systems...what do you have?

Cool, I've been mulling over a hardware KVM, I'll look into it. Then what do I do with all of the trackballs??!?? I'm running the older Saitek X-45 stick & throttle.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Like the Pro 2006 scanners .. they are excellent radios. I have one the I use 24/7 for Etrunker.

Status
Not open for further replies.