Herman NE OPPD Tower Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Here are a few pix of the Herman, NE OPPD Tower Site. The 800MHz antennas are at the top, and the one to the left would be for their VHF Fire Paging.

Attachments

• herman_oppd_1.jpg
    herman_oppd_1.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 103
  • herman_oppd_2.jpg
    herman_oppd_2.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 109

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Howdy, guys!

Would this not be Washington County's Herman tower, rather than OPPD?

True, OPPD does manage the "ORIN" system, but this tower's control channel (868.4250) would be a "0144h-0113" site, yes?

BTW - to demonstrate that I might have even lesser of a "life", I have Google Earth mappings of all of the OPPD, ORIN, and WashCo tower sites, if you are interested.

Quite a few weeks ago, I made a roadtrip to each OPPD tower site in their network to get all of the control channel site numbers.

And, a trip to Fort Calhoun last night indicated nothing new at the OPPD "Ponca" (Nashville) tower site, in the way of P25 control channel activity. As far as my 396T is telling me, there is NO activity on that tower site, related to OPPD, at all - even voice traffic.

OPPD and WashCo are co-located at the "Blair" tower site south of Blair on a hill, which fills pretty nicely into the Blair and Fort Calhoun areas.

I suspect that the Nashville tower was used to mainly fill-in any signal gaps in North Omaha which weren't covered by the KM3 downtown tower site.

Have a good one!

73's

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
BTW - I seem to have forgotten my manners!

Good pictures, NeFire242!! The Telbasta and Herman ones are really good!

73's

Status
Not open for further replies.