Hernando County Upgrading to P-25 Phase 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hernandoscanman

Premium Subscriber
Award of Contract to Communications International, Inc., for a Project 25 (P-25) Phase 2 - 700/800 MHz Interoperable Public Safety Radio Network System (Contract No. 20-R00014/JWS; Amount: $12,536,141.1

this was awarded on June 26, 2021.

Does anyone know when the rollout starts?

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
Award of Contract to Communications International, Inc., for a Project 25 (P-25) Phase 2 - 700/800 MHz Interoperable Public Safety Radio Network System (Contract No. 20-R00014/JWS; Amount: $12,536,141.1

this was awarded on June 26, 2021.

Does anyone know when the rollout starts?
Interested to see how long CI takes to roll this out.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
I'm interested to see if they're going to submit to peer pressure or be an oasis in the desert.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
Figured that's what you meant. Most CI systems seem to be a mix of both. Of course it all depends on the customers wants and needs. Of course they may be like all the other jackal counties up there that encrypt everything under the fictitious guise of "officer/FF safety".

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Be 2 more years from what I hear. Then my support for the Vikings is up in the air. The radios can do P25 phase 2 already. But this is subject to change. C I is also a EFJ dealer, but not here in my area. So for now, it's unknown.

NOTE: the radios also can do the SZ/SN currently also, so there is possibility they will stay with the VP/VM series already deployed.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
Be 2 more years from what I hear. Then my support for the Vikings is up in the air. The radios can do P25 phase 2 already. But this is subject to change. C I is also a EFJ dealer, but not here in my area. So for now, it's unknown.

NOTE: the radios also can do the SZ/SN currently also, so there is possibility they will stay with the VP/VM series already deployed.
I was wondering if they were going to stay with EFJ or swap over to Harris like Hillsborough, Clearwater, and the several other areas they cover.

CanesFan95

Is this "CI" the ones who do Hillsborough and was Hernando procurement aware of Hillsborough's never-ending upgrade?

CanesFan95

I would have concerns procuring a firm that has taken like 6+ years to implement a system and they're still not done and just now doing test recordings.

Status
Not open for further replies.