Herriman PD Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior1970

Anyone know a timeline when HPD comes online and when they officially separate from UPD.

Curious when we should start searching for new comms

ChrisHansen

Feed Provider
Herriman has this system, not sure if this system or UCA.
DMR Cap+ 859.3875, 859.8125
FCC WQNJ242 shows it being Public Safety/Special Emg

mpcpsrego1

Premium Subscriber
I would assume they will go UCA and dispatch through VECC. Unified has already switched comms over to VECC from their own dispatch center. If they don't go VECC then they probably will have their own dispatch hub but have a TG on UCA system otherwise they will loose out on interoperability with other agencies. Money will really play a factor here so I assume they will dispatch through VECC on their own TG.

LGLHOOK

West Valley City's monthly meet the Chief meeting tonight (9-12-18) highlighted VECC as a the specialty unit talking about their ops and they was saying that Herriman PD will be dispatched out of VECC starting September 30, 2018. They also said that as of January 1, 2019 all UPD dispatch and call OPS will be moved up to VECC as well. I would start looking for the new comms to start at the end of this month.

Observer1

West Valley City's monthly meet the Chief meeting tonight (9-12-18) highlighted VECC as a the specialty unit talking about their ops and they was saying that Herriman PD will be dispatched out of VECC starting September 30, 2018. They also said that as of January 1, 2019 all UPD dispatch and call OPS will be moved up to VECC as well. I would start looking for the new comms to start at the end of this month.

Herriman actually has their Sgt’s and above working now. Their officers start Monday.

UPD is closing their Dispatch center, although I would imagine they’ll retain their channels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mpcpsrego1

Premium Subscriber
I concur with Observer1 Unified will keep their existing TG COMMS on UCA I don't see that changing and as far as Herriman as of 09/14/18 while on shift I still heard Herriman units dispatching on Unified Oquirrh(west) channel so I would assume since the system is going to start going through upgrading for P25 soon I would say that Herriman will continue to dispatch through UPD Oquirrh channel and then as the system upgrades then they will be on their on TG COMMS at that time. It only makes since the transitioning period into P25 shouldn't take more then a year to make happen.

Observer1

I concur with Observer1 Unified will keep their existing TG COMMS on UCA I don't see that changing and as far as Herriman as of 09/14/18 while on shift I still heard Herriman units dispatching on Unified Oquirrh(west) channel so I would assume since the system is going to start going through upgrading for P25 soon I would say that Herriman will continue to dispatch through UPD Oquirrh channel and then as the system upgrades then they will be on their on TG COMMS at that time. It only makes since the transitioning period into P25 shouldn't take more then a year to make happen.

They’ll have to switch soon since they’re switching to Spillman. (for a few months, Hexagon is supposed to go live in a year or so) UPD used Versadex so staying until the switch isn’t really possible, thus they’ll have to be dispatched by VECC.

I am guessing UPD is hoping Hexagon is live in January, otherwise who knows how their switch to VECC is going to work.

Depending on call volume they may double them up with South Jordan (Herriman and South Jordan are forming a joint SWAT team so that makes sense)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mpcpsrego1

Premium Subscriber
Well MDT doesnt really have anything to do with radio comms. Unified already made changes to their radio identifiers already for VECC as a requirement for dispatching, it use to be Magna/Kearns were charlie units, southwest communities was a Riverton unit etc now they are all township identifiers so Magna is Magna## units Kearns is Kearns## units etc.
As far as So. Jordan and Herriman on the same channel I dont see that happening because So. Jordan and Draper are on the same talkgroup so adding Herriman would be too much traffic on one TG therefore that is why I said I think that they will stay dispatching on the Oquirrh talkgroup til the P25 upgrade cause then they don't have to worry about a TG assignment on the current SZ system only to be reassigned a whole new TG within less then a year time. As far as VECC its just a dispatching hub, Utah Communications Authority is the radio system manager and holder. And as far as Spillman that is MDT which Unified switching that over is a breeze cause it is all web based so they just have to login and start using/learning a new call/report writing program that has no bearing on radios or talkgroup assignments at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.