Hersheypark Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

NodrogCop

The "old repeater" was across the street, not at the hotel but at the school I guess that's what it was. But they had it there a few years ago. I THINK they may have been another one in the kissing tower. I forget.

On the conventional system (if they're still using that setup), the safety and security repeater was on the roof of the old Senior Hall across Hersheypark Drive and up the hill (Milton Hershey School property). The maintenance repeater was in the Kissing Tower. Everyone else's channels were talkaround.

Gordon

warhawk911

Premium Subscriber
I was just at the park and I think they did block their Ops channel! Normally I could pick up what was going on around the park but the only thing coming in clearly was the Maint. Channel. :(

daneg

I was just at the park and I think they did block their Ops channel! Normally I could pick up what was going on around the park but the only thing coming in clearly was the Maint. Channel. :(

How would they block something like this. What about of they changed to narrowband would that effect picking them up?

Gilligan

Database Admin
Sounds to me like they have switched all ops over to the new trunked system, which would provide much better coverage for the users of the older conventional, talkaround channels. This would explain so much activity showing up on one frequency as well as some of the conventional channels being quiet.

In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
Why isn't anyone finding any talkgroups? Do some programming with the frequency that is transmitting all of the traffic by way of a trunked system like LTR. Sit on it while doing a digital search and watch your LCD Screen. If it is a trucked system the LCD will tell ya. Or am I totally wrong about the way "MY" handheld works?

Engine362

Premium Subscriber
If you are using a Uniden 396xt or 996xt, you should have the frequencies in order as listed and identified as frequency number 1 through 19, odd numbers only. Go to where you set up your trunked system, set your ID mode to ID Search. In the LTR system that Hershey Entertainment is using, it will show you the talk group ID's when they are talking. It will be in the format X-XX-XXX. The first digit will always be 0. The second and third digits will be 01 through 19 (odd numbers only), this identifies the home repeater being used for the group it is attached to (RR HERCO page list is correct in freqs and ID number). Although the trunking repeater number could change from time to time if the home repeater is busy, it will switch to another if available. The last three digits will be the actual group it is assigned to. If you hear a "squawk" at the end of the transmission, that radio is from the Entertainment complex (ie: Hersheypark, Arena, Stadium, Giant Center). The rest of the properties don't use the radio identification "squawk". example 0-07-002 is the Park Security dispatch channel. NO channels are blocked or encrypted in this system, at this time. The new system does not have the range that the old UHF system had. HT1250LS+ is the radio of choice on the property.

The old UHF repeater system still exists, but is not in use at this time. BTW - the old repeater for Park Security, is on the roof of the Arena, not on the hill at the Hotel or Milton Hershey School. That repeater would be for the Milton Hershey School and thier use. Old Park Maintenance repeater is on the Kissing Tower.

If I'm able to, I will post more information later, if this post doesn't get me in trouble.

NodrogCop

The old UHF repeater system still exists, but is not in use at this time. BTW - the old repeater for Park Security, is on the roof of the Arena, not on the hill at the Hotel or Milton Hershey School. That repeater would be for the Milton Hershey School and thier use. Old Park Maintenance repeater is on the Kissing Tower.

That's interesting...I used to work at MHS and took radio techs to the park's repeater to work on it at Senior Hall several times. When did they move it?

Gordon

Engine362

Premium Subscriber
Looking into it for you NodrogCop. I was under the impression we moved it onto Park property, when the School was torn down to the steal and rebuilt. I will research it some more. I know the rebuild took several years and we still were operating that repeater from some other location.

NodrogCop

Looking into it for you NodrogCop. I was under the impression we moved it onto Park property, when the School was torn down to the steal and rebuilt. I will research it some more. I know the rebuild took several years and we still were operating that repeater from some other location.

I was just curious. I left MHS in '99, and there were several repeaters at Senior Hall: Hersheypark Security (Operations), MHS's own, Dauphin Co's Police Channel 2 for Derry Twp/Hummelstown, and DTPD's.

It's always funny how things change when they seem like they'll stay that way forever.

W3DMV

Thanks-Gilligan

After a ton of post's dodging the original question, was happy to see someone was able to tackle
the Hershey park system. You did a great job ! Thanks for the effort.....

jaymatt1978

I'm also very pleased to see they're using the LTR system. I',m going out there again this October and will be glad I'll still be able to listen to them

Gotome12880

Okey, I did a massive update to the wiki that Gilligan started a few posts back. As you can see, Hershey has a TON of talk-groups. Ill submit it to RR for an update here sometime. let me know if you have any Q's

daneg

Okey, I did a massive update to the wiki that Gilligan started a few posts back. As you can see, Hershey has a TON of talk-groups. Ill submit it to RR for an update here sometime. let me know if you have any Q's

So is the stuff in the Wiki the same as:

Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Trunking System, Hershey, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies ?

It seems like the database is missing alot compared to the Wiki.

From the stuff in the wiki, how do I program it into my BCT 15x?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Looks like someone has started updating the database - you didn't say whether you're using software (which one?) or doing this by hand, but the process isn't all that different - the Easier to Read guide would be the place to start here...and I think the dashes in the talkgroups are replaced by periods, but I'm not quite sure about that...Mike

Gotome12880

The stuff on the wiki is what I was able to work out. The talk-group names may be a little different as compared to what is programmed into their radios, but I plan to double check it once I have the chance. It looks like the as ka3jjz said, someone has updated the official page. As for accuracy, I am 99.9% sure the wiki is accurate, unless I made a mistake writing down a talk-group ID.

tbrewbaker

After five years it looks like something changed within the past week. The last transmission I remember hearing from Hersheypark was on Sunday, May 14. The park was open today and there was nothing. Have they change systems or narrow band or something else? Their information on RR was last updated in July 2014.

tbrewbaker

I have been trying some different settings with the information loaded into Radio Reference for the Hershey Entertainment trunked site using ARC XT Pro software but so far have had no luck. Using a link from earlier in this thread to the FCC license site, it looks like they now have three sites instead of one. I created site 2 and 3 and entered the frequencies listed for each site. What I don't know is if I have the frequencies in the correct order, and I do not know how to determine the order they should be in. Also I don't know if any other information needs to be changed such as the system, analog or digital, etc. It seems strange not to hear the park chatter after listening for about 30 years in some form or another (analog single channel, trunked, etc.). If anyone has any information, you can send me a private message if it should not be made public.

Status
Not open for further replies.