Hey Guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD5WLX

I saw that and thought I recognized the name.

I can't wait to hear you on the air. Get a mobile, too, though. The VX-7 is a great radio, but 5 watts to a rubber ducky (dummy load) antenna will only go so far.

car2back

Congrats PJ, hope I look forward to hearing your guest apperance on the late, late show with WX5LIB! :lol:

Last edited:

CommShrek

Congrats Peter! I told you it was easy. I've got to plan a special celebration portion of my show "Matt in the Morning". We have celebrity guests on from time to time but I'd bump them in a heartbeat if you're going to make an appearance.

That VX-7R isn't all it's cracked up to be. There's a local HAM that's selling a Yaesu FT-2800 I think and he only wanted a little over $100 for it. It's only 2m but that's not a bad starter radio. I like the FT-7800R for an intro mobile or base.

See what you can find as far as a Yaesu VX-6 or even a good used VX-5.

I need to get to bed now but look forward to hearing what you come up with. Later.

freqscout

My wife has a VX-6r and I admit to stealing it every once in a while. It is a quality radio and MUCH more simple to operate than the VX-7. If you buy the VX-7 you might want to consider getting an advanced math degree or the programming software (got one of those in the family, too.).

OkRob

CommShrek said:
I've got to plan a special celebration portion of my show "Matt in the Morning".

Where and when does this show take place? I might tune in sometime too, although as you know, I turn a ham rig on about once every green moon. Too busy with programming issues and watching my ballgames I guess. :)

- Rob

OkRob

Congrats to PJ

Oh, by the way, congratulations to PJ on getting his ticket. He'll be really glad he did. I'm hoping Phil will be next. :)

- Rob

KD5WLX

If PJ was listening, he heard is new call on the air, even though he doesn't have a rig to answer yet. About 10:30pm on 145.11 and 443.85, plus about 1/3 of the state on the UHF link.

Congrats, PJ

CommShrek

OkRob said:
Where and when does this show take place? I might tune in sometime too, although as you know, I turn a ham rig on about once every green moon. Too busy with programming issues and watching my ballgames I guess. :)

- Rob

It's a seasonal show and the season is already over for it. :) I talk to folks on 147.045 from about 2300-0600 Sunday through Wednesday nights. Most nights there are some people on there. Some nights there are not. I have some of the local repeaters in my radio's scan list.

I would like to say that if people say their callsign fast then I probably will never hear them. If they say their callsign in the phonetic way it takes a few seconds longer and allows my radio (and other people's scanners) to lock up on that freq.

Hopefully the green moon's will appear more often or the programming issues will go away. Either way, it would be great to hear you on the air Rob.

wxchasers

Congrats on getting your ticket!
If you wanna chat,you will find me on either 147.06 or 444.675 Pryor repeaters
(both have a PL of 88.5.).
73s
Dave

warhead2

i also got my tickit in the end of june and will have a radio hopefully by fri next wk KE5JBP

Status
Not open for further replies.