Hey PSR-500 Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch40n1k

I'm asking this here because I know that some of you use PSR-500 on the DTRS system here.

How do I have the scanner display the site information? I've got the scanner programmed, but it does not display the site information like my old trusty Pro-96 does ... and I can't find an option in Win500 to have the scanner display the site ID etc.

Also, can I log data with the 500 like I could with the Pro-96 and Pro96Comm?

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
You can't see the site info while scanning, other than the CC freq and what # CC it is in your list for the TSYS. If you go into analyze mode, you can see the decode rate, site and zone info, etc. This is also where you can log data via pro96com. Get the latest version of Pro96Com and use the supplied programming cable. Make sure, using Win500 or other programing software, that you have enabled the "dump trunking data to PC/IF" option.

ch40n1k

captaincraig44 said:
You can't see the site info while scanning, other than the CC freq and what # CC it is in your list for the TSYS. If you go into analyze mode, you can see the decode rate, site and zone info, etc. This is also where you can log data via pro96com. Get the latest version of Pro96Com and use the supplied programming cable. Make sure, using Win500 or other programing software, that you have enabled the "dump trunking data to PC/IF" option.

Thanks Craig. The only thing I seem to be having difficulty with is that when I tune to the CC, I can't seem to get the radio into analyze mode. I've got the new version of Pro96Com and have turned on CC Dump in Win500.

I push Tune, enter the freq, hit F2 for mode ... but it only changes AM/FM mode. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

ch40n1k

Never mind. I now have Pro96Com logging ... thanks for the info guys. Oooh ... look at the perty colors!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.