Heyy

Status
Not open for further replies.

RachelDodd

Everyone cool site
Iv listented to it before, what happened to chat? lol

Can someone be kind enough to explain radio abreviations to me
Like what all these codes people say mean ?

Would be totally gratefull

Am soo sorry if am posting in the wrong place.

Thank You!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Rachel, a little more information please. 'Radio Abbreviations'? Are you talking about things you are hearing on your scanner, such as 10 codes, or abbreviations and conventions that you read here, but are unclear?

If it's the latter, we have an online glossary that you may find helpful. Go up to the blue toolbar directly under the Scanner Master logo, and float your mouse over Wiki then click on Glossary from the pulldown.

If it has to do with things like 10 codes, then proceed to the Collaboration area where you can select your state from the list, then (in most cases) select your county from the link which lists counties for your state. If we had it in the database previously, it's now here. Barring that, going to your state's forum will no doubt bring more information 73 (an old ham shorthand that means 'best regards') Mike

kcoleman

Can someone be kind enough to explain radio abreviations to me
Like what all these codes people say mean ?

Hey Rachel and welcome to Radio Reference.

I see from your profile you are located in the UK, and I'm guessing that you are listening to some of the scanner feeds that are available.

It would be helpful to know which feed you are listening to. This will help determine what codes you are hearing. Here is a generic list Official Ten-Code List of codes to help you out. But here in the US we over complicate things. From state to state and even city to city the codes change and what might mean one thing in New York, will mean something totally different in Texas.

Do a search on the net for "10 Codes" and this will help you out.

Good Luck,
Keith

Kingscup

Feed Provider
Also, it might be better to ask this question in the state where the feed originates as the locals there will be better able to answer the question since they usually know what those mean.

RachelDodd

OK thanks for the info :)

Am finding it really intresting listening. Wish we could do it over here
Ill give some of your tips a go :)

once again thanks :)

oasis

hi rachael, im in the uk and pretty new also, if you let us know what you are looking for i will have a look around and see what i can find for you. Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.