HF Antenna Tuner Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ermin

Hello All

In a few months I will be moving into a new house. I cannot install an antenna outside so I will have to use a tuner. What would be the best tuner I can use? Thank You & 73's The max I can spend is $250 and I will never use more than 100 watts.

KE4BMR

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
While a transmatch - a far more accurate term than an antenna tuner - can help in some tough situations, there may be other possibilities here. Be more specific about your circumstances and what your HF interests are (digital, CW, etc.)? Mike

w2xq

Mentor
There are a variety of "boxes" to choose from. QST and the other amateur magazines have numerous ads. Whatever you buy, I suggest buying one that includes a balanced line output (for twinlead or open feedline). The additional output (over coax) opens up the choices of antennas you can use.

(I can't recommend a specific one as the last one I owned was the DenTron Super Super Tuner... back when.)

ermin

There are a variety of "boxes" to choose from. QST and the other amateur magazines have numerous ads. Whatever you buy, I suggest buying one that includes a balanced line output (for twinlead or open feedline). The additional output (over coax) opens up the choices of antennas you can use.

(I can't recommend a specific one as the last one I owned was the DenTron Super Super Tuner... back when.)

Thank you all.

W5lz

Nothing says you have to have a "new" tuner, and there are a lot of very nice used ones floating around. Denton made several that would "tune" almost anything. So do other brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.