HF Freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

emtbls1987

Hey all,

i was just wondering if anyone knows if thier is any 10 meter freq. out there to monitor the Haiti incident. i have a 10 meter radio and im intrested in monitoring 10 meters to see if anyone is using this a a mean of comunication. wheither it is by voice or morse code. My uncle who died not to long ago was a big ham operator in montana. and was a general or what ever is the highest level of ham license. anyways just wondering i know there is a 10 meter world wide net near by that i can pick up . i have a Emperor TS-5010

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
None that I have heard about, and 10m wouldn't be a good choice in any case. We're in the winter season, and apart from some Sporadic E events, it's unlikely 10m would propagate well anyway.

73 Mike

k9rzz

Sorry. Best bets for ham frequencies are 14,300khz - daytime and 3,977.7 khz nights. Also check 7,045khz if you understand Spanish.

k9rzz

Well, 10 meters (and 6 meters) are often really hopping during the summer months, even at this point in the cycle.

emtbls1987

Hf

Thanks you All,

I had a feeling that 10 Meters wasnt going to be a good one to use. I know 20-40 meters is a better or ideal. I am not a Ham operator i just use my Emperor to monitor, Thinking about getting my license though im just bad with the Equations part. I have always loved radios my uncle was a General Ham operator in NW Montana and loved radios too. I am just a Vol./ paid EMT Fire fighter. also work for the govt.( NPS) . would get a reciever for monitoring these freq but i do not have the money to do that right now.

emtbls1987

nanZor

You know there is no shame in not getting a license - most hams I know are 99% SWL anyway. (Or at least amateur-swl's).

This brings up a good question that should probably be in another thread or even in the amateur forums -

Are there any amateur-swl clubs still active? I remember a long time ago I almost joined one, and actually heard on the air some amateurs being grateful for the reports - but that was back in the days when qsl cards got exchanged, etc.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
As far as SWL clubs - yep, the ASWLC exists as a Yahoo group, and NASWA still enjoys a pretty decent membership. The UDXF (Utility DXers Forum), which is what the WUN was, is also quite active on Yahoo. There are other such clubs worldwide....

Amateur clubs are a whole 'nother ballgame, and since it's very regional in scope, it's almost impossible to comment on activity. 73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.