HF Maritime Comms on 4369 kHz USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean_kd4adv

Listening to a couple of vessels @ 0121 Z on 4369 kHz USB Ship Receive / 4077 kHz USB Ship xmit - ITU channel 405

-> Statler Brothers were coming back.

-> someone's working on "Bubba's" boat

->Plans for Thanksgiving.

vessels signed off @ 0127 Z

amol_radhi

Hi buddy....read ur thread there.....do u have any maritime hf frequencies for the indian ocean / arabian sea / se asia area available? I live in india and am looking for maritime hf freq for monitoring. Thanx, amol

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Amol, if I can jump in here, this is a very good listing of these freqs- you should know that there's likely not nearly as much HF maritime as there was several years ago. Many of the larger cruise ships are undoubtedly using satellite and secure email systems, and maintain HF only as a backup.

http://www.ominous-valve.com/itufqs.txt

In most cases, I think you'll find that there are only a few that are actually allocated to a particular region (unlike the MWARA frequencies in the aero service, which are). 73 Mike

sean_kd4adv

KA3JJZ Recognized.
TNX For Input, even though it's dated 1998 :)
The USCG site has listings as well.
My Yaesu 757 only has 10 Channels 0-9. So I pick out active frequencies for the routine Broadcasts.
QTH is Amelia, Virginia
73s
de
KD4ADV

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
AFAIK Sean there hasn't been any major changes in the HF maritime service since the adoption of GMDSS and the WARC adjustments that followed. So that list should be reasonably accurate. I tried to get to the USCG site but, at least as of early this morning, it wasn't responding. Hopefully it will be back later.

73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.