HFD bids aloha to provoice?

wh6diq

Himages, you are right...I have not heard EMS at all today. They must have completely switched over to the new system.

I do still hear action on the HFD tac channels tonight however (in addition to Dispatch). So far HPD is still up also...really ticks me off how much time they are spending giving out covid tickets the past few days!

Maybe through the holidays I will spend some time figuring out how to search and capture activity on the new P25 system. Apparently at least during some of the early testing, conversations were heard on a couple talkgroups. Maybe some is not encrypted... maybe just need another "upgrade" like DMR or the NXDN for my SDS200. Hopefully.

Scanvin...there's still plenty to listen to, maybe just not exactly the area you are interested in. The MP's, Federal Fire, and Mil Air can get interesting; Marine, Amateur Radio, Commercial Air, even CB and FMR get active occasionally also, depending on your area. My preference certainly is First Responders in my neighborhood, but I won't be selling off my scanner for half price!

himages

Premium Subscriber
Pawaa Ambulance (or you can say 1010) vanished since last week or so....so was thinking if they DID move to those freqs that uniden also is selling....but I want to MAKE SURE they are on those freqs. Tell you one thing for sure, IF HFD moves alongside Pawaa 1010, the thrill is gone. Yeah...only thing I hear from HPD is covid violations (I have my opinion about this but its personal....but I DO agree with the govt so I only take it off when at home). I could hear HFD dispatch 1st alarm for that Hi Kai senior residence which per news (photos by folks with iphones)....but I was in Oreillys without my rig when the 3rd alarm struck.....(I subscribed to that phone text message system before buying the sds).
Can any of the unidens sds100, 200 and or the 436 monitor p25?

himages

Premium Subscriber
but since the 200 is mobile/base...its not handheld :(.....so I will see....was thinking if I should get that real shorty antenna and see what happens....the RS one is kinda tall and gets in the way of my tshirt sorta.....

himages

Premium Subscriber
ProVoice is the only upgrade I have activated on my SDS200...no DMR or TRBO.
Up until about the last 3 or 4 months, I received ALL "at scene" HFD traffic. I do still hear traffic on the Tac channels at scene, but it is clear there have been recent changes. I do not usually hear their initial acknowledgement to a dispatch as in recent past.

As I stated earlier in this thread, Ocean Safety has switched over to the new system and unable to be monitored, except for when they are on interops. Prior to losing them, I did hear them announce several times over their main channels that they would be switching, as a reminder for staff to be sure their new radios were charged and ready for the changeover date.

I never heard similar announcements prior to EMS disappearing, however I was not monitoring them as frequently. As of this morning, I still receive HPD dispatch and cars no problem. I'm only monitoring District 1 generally...
aloha! any new news about the "silent treatment" from CnC EMTS? I still receive HFD fire but no working freqs....so I have to tune to HPD in their "district" where the incident is so I can validate if its a working incident or minor.....