HFD bids aloha to provoice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

himages

Few months ago, I would be hearing HFD dispatches and working channels on my harris p7100ip.....unfortunately, the radio died and I ended up buying another one, a p7200 from an ebayer. The rig receives HPD and EMTs but NO HFD.....I thought and figured the seller did not upload all the selected info I requested. However, a helping hand from ebay checked thier side out......they said it looks like HFD might have upgraded to a higher end. Per sources in RR, they claim that the city and state of Hi is making it harder for the enthusiast to listen. If it is true.....then I dont want to go spend my hard earned $$$$ on a bcd 436 to find out later, I STILL cant catch it OR my harris just needed a makeover of what numbers are installed in my rig. It may be a heavy handheld but I come to appreciate what my harris can do.

himages

I just found a page on RR about trunked freqs and a list of cities/states that have this kind of real private channels that theres NOT a single scanner can pick up....I still feel that the harris rig I bought from ebay, the seller/programmer missed something and thats why I still cannot get HFD.

himages

there possibly is a final bailout of either provoice or close to....today, I turned on my harris 7200 to see if my rig still receives hpd and ems....guess what? total DOA....dead silence and the worse yet, my display would often be HFD, EMS, or HPD.....only for a 1/10 second while turning the dial does it show that...but the display now reads only CC Scan.....So then, I turned on the SDS100.....aha! got fire, ems and police.....so the possibility of my harris soon to be on the market is getting close...

himages

I just resetted my sds 100 again this morning.....will see if Hono fire appears....my harris is in the car so when I go to work, turn it on....and its still CC Scan.....will clean it up and start to gather chargers, good batts and other accessories hoping to sell it, I enjoyed it while it lasted.

himages

So is anyone putting system info in the database ? ie: TG's etc
ya know BC.....if local fire, pd and emt was so concerned and irritated about rubber-neck drivers and inquisitive folks listening to scanners, they should NOT BE.....nowadays with technology so far advanced, the common joe or jane has an iphone or android with them 24/7 that if a crime happens, a vehicle accident happens, a fire erupts......they will shoot it and send to the tv stations or media so fast....thus why the media loves it! and some of these common folks dont EVEN have a scanner.

wh6diq

Aloha,

I'm using the SDS200, and located in Makiki area. Ocean Safety dropped off the EDACS a couple months ago. Still hear them occasionally on Interops. Yesterday I noticed EMS to Hospitals seemed dead, however today I am hearing EMS Dispatch. Nothing on EMS to Hosp in last hour, which is generally unusual. I also am hearing HFD Dispatch and Tac today. I do note, however, the tones for both EMS and HFD are very distorted, unlike anything I've heard in last six months. HPD seems to be unchanged, listening to District 1 now. Also just heard on Interops 1 apparently Mayor's security detail as he was arriving at "LCC".

I guess good news is (hope I'm not jinxing this) the Federal Fire, Military Police, Sherriff are unchanged at this time. Plenty to listen to, just not in my immediate area which is the whole reason I dropped $$$ on the SDS!

himages

hey there! aloha as well! yeah...I still operate my harris p7200 for HPD but there IS semi total distortion on Pawa'a (CnC) Ambulance. Things got so bad on my end, I bickered like nuts to decide IF $650 was WORTH it for a $$$$ scanner.....(tbh, I still want to find some local person also who has the bcd436 running and if distortion is REAL BAD (as what others on RR said). My mind was almost finalized when i saw a local guy youtube and he filmed his sds100 and it was rcvd hpd so I asked him about fire and ambulance, he said yes it does receive. I went to the credit unions and juggled funds to actually buy it from SM.....I had difficulty with purchasing it from other retailers. Came home, opened it up like a kid at xmas morning....
Ok....for your imput, yeah.....you are not hearing things, the distortion from EMS also comes from my harris too besides the sds100.....in fact, HFD's station alarm beeps are super distorted but the dispatch comes out clear! As for 'working channel", I cant hear anything after the dispatch.....all the freqs are silent. Fed fire is still on....you just have to open up Sentinel and from Hawaii.....Honolulu, then select which ones you want exactly.....they will give you many freqs and you will not want to hear Hickam PD....
Anyway....do you know the talk group ID for Hon fire and Pawaa EMT (or as hpd calls em 10-10). Last ? from me.....you live in Makiki huh....Your name does not happen to be Paul ??? I know a friend who was/is a fed fire instructor and his past job he worked for one of the media networks...and if he still does....he lives on Kinau street. later on, i may tell you probably why the public svc guys are upgrading their freqs real fast....but like I said earlier above, as long as neighbors hear sirens, look out and see a fire.....the bust out their iphones and androids and in minutes, its on Hawaii News NOW or KHON or KITV or maybe even the paper.

wh6diq

Aloha,

The talk groups are as I originally obtained them from here:

I do still hear both base and mobile sides of EMS on the Dispatch freqs (island wide), but nothing on the mobile to hospital freqs. Just as a note, I did hear Ocean Safety make announcements over a few days that they were switching to the Pac 25 system, shortly prior to them disappearing from edacs.
I have the Pac 25 system also set up as a separate favorite, but there are only a couple talk groups listed. I need to spend time figuring out how to scan for new groups and sort/save them to see if I can find the services that have / are transitioning. I am slightly hopeful that they are not encrypted, but simply require the Pac 25 phase two encode/decode which my scanner does have.
Big incidents are certainly interesting, I caught the Diamond Head catastrophe and the active shooter at JBH, however my main interest is the BS that goes on in the neighborhoods. Frankly, I am appalled at the number of HPD calls to deal with a wide variety of homeless related issues, but I like to know WHERE those issues are happening around me. Living in a hi-rise, also interested in my neighbors drama...

my info and pics of my shack are on QRZ

himages

right now...besides the homeless situation, the action is covid19 violators....anything from "no masks" to kids playing basketball to crowds more than 10.......bet you the cops are eating manapua and saying "10-4 proceeding....", then continues to eat the manapua and say "so what"......you actually can hear it in their tone of voices. HPD also has a detail.....I think they call themselves "covid enforcement".

himages

Aloha,

The talk groups are as I originally obtained them from here:

I do still hear both base and mobile sides of EMS on the Dispatch freqs (island wide), but nothing on the mobile to hospital freqs. Just as a note, I did hear Ocean Safety make announcements over a few days that they were switching to the Pac 25 system, shortly prior to them disappearing from edacs.
I have the Pac 25 system also set up as a separate favorite, but there are only a couple talk groups listed. I need to spend time figuring out how to scan for new groups and sort/save them to see if I can find the services that have / are transitioning. I am slightly hopeful that they are not encrypted, but simply require the Pac 25 phase two encode/decode which my scanner does have.
Big incidents are certainly interesting, I caught the Diamond Head catastrophe and the active shooter at JBH, however my main interest is the BS that goes on in the neighborhoods. Frankly, I am appalled at the number of HPD calls to deal with a wide variety of homeless related issues, but I like to know WHERE those issues are happening around me. Living in a hi-rise, also interested in my neighbors drama...

my info and pics of my shack are on QRZ

are you ready for Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday? the aircraft flyovers.....go on their website and on the scheduling, the event staff has a map on each day of where the planes are going to fly........kinda early ya know......buts its an assignment for me so I have to be at certain locations to capture the flyover... I dont know if any freqs are gonna be active for them though....

wh6diq

I'm ready for Saturday...I'll be on the rooftop of my 14 story building, mauka of Wilder. They should pass very nearly overhead as they head from Punchbowl to Diamond Head. Hoping for some decent pics with my DSLR. Since thery are flying out of Wheeler, I'm thinking Mil freqs, but also will try to check conventional air traffic. Priority is for pics, though!

himages

I'm ready for Saturday...I'll be on the rooftop of my 14 story building, mauka of Wilder. They should pass very nearly overhead as they head from Punchbowl to Diamond Head. Hoping for some decent pics with my DSLR. Since thery are flying out of Wheeler, I'm thinking Mil freqs, but also will try to check conventional air traffic. Priority is for pics, though!
howzit!!!! sorry to bug ya.....I got a question for you....you said you do catch the dispatches on HFD...I presume its HFD dispatch en route 06-022 TGID.....do you know of any other working freqs besides 022? Like if I only have provoice in my 100....will I need to also upload the 2 other systems from Uniden to get everything?

wh6diq

Aloha,

I have these programmed...still receiving on most. I do not know when HFD will be switching to the new system, which apparently is encrypted and we will not be able to decode. These are all on the same system EMS and Ocean Safety had been on. I am also still receiving HPD on this same system for now...

06-000 HFD All
06-021 HFD Dispatch
06-022 HFD Dispatch En Route
06-020 HFD Fleet
07-000 Island 1
07-001 Island 2
07-002 Island 3

06-141 B1 Tac 1
06-142 B1 Tac 2
06-041 B1 Tac 3
06-042 B1 Tac 4
06-043 B1 Tac 5

06-143 B2 Tac 1
06-144 B2 Tac 2
06-061 B2 Tac 3
06-062 B2 Tac 4
06-063 B2 Tac 5

06-145 B3 Tac 1
06-146 B3 Tac 2
06-081 B3 Tac 3
06-082 B3 Tac 4
06-083 B3 Tac 5

06-147 B4 Tac 1
06-150 B4 Tac 2
06-101 B4 Tac 3
06-102 B4 Tac 4
06-103 B4 Tac 5

06-151 B5 Tac 1
06-152 B5 Tac 2
06-121 B5 Tac 3
06-122 B5 Tac 4
06-123 B5 Tac 5

09-141 Interoperability 1
09-142 Interoperability 2
09-143 Interoperability 3
09-144 Interoperability 4

himages

do you the other "programs" from uniden in your radio? besides provoice... I just did a quick edit on my Sentinel and deleted most of the freqs that I dont listen to unless we have another big ol hurricane coming..... with what you said, so you DO receive "working frequencies" (ie....companies responding.....at scene reporting:......) I was thinking of selling my harris but I think I am gonna be like KGMBs Ray "BAD NEWS" Mews.....just like George Cabral Jr and his "SCOOP Van"....have 2 radios on.....one for HPD, the 100 on for HFD.....

wh6diq

ProVoice is the only upgrade I have activated on my SDS200...no DMR or TRBO.
Up until about the last 3 or 4 months, I received ALL "at scene" HFD traffic. I do still hear traffic on the Tac channels at scene, but it is clear there have been recent changes. I do not usually hear their initial acknowledgement to a dispatch as in recent past.

As I stated earlier in this thread, Ocean Safety has switched over to the new system and unable to be monitored, except for when they are on interops. Prior to losing them, I did hear them announce several times over their main channels that they would be switching, as a reminder for staff to be sure their new radios were charged and ready for the changeover date.

I never heard similar announcements prior to EMS disappearing, however I was not monitoring them as frequently. As of this morning, I still receive HPD dispatch and cars no problem. I'm only monitoring District 1 generally...

himages

are you serious.....wow! unless I havent YET put time into REALLY monkeying around with the 100.....unless my old radio shack antenna (the original one that works better than the factory uniden one) is worn....I do hear dispatch but they do still have some pretty mean distortion. When I hear those familiar "4+ tones"....my ears are open but the distortion is bad and cant hear what major bldg fire, accident, rescue is happening. I guess I will try spend more time with the baby and tinker with it.....mahalo wh6diq

himages

ProVoice is the only upgrade I have activated on my SDS200...no DMR or TRBO.
Up until about the last 3 or 4 months, I received ALL "at scene" HFD traffic. I do still hear traffic on the Tac channels at scene, but it is clear there have been recent changes. I do not usually hear their initial acknowledgement to a dispatch as in recent past.

As I stated earlier in this thread, Ocean Safety has switched over to the new system and unable to be monitored, except for when they are on interops. Prior to losing them, I did hear them announce several times over their main channels that they would be switching, as a reminder for staff to be sure their new radios were charged and ready for the changeover date.

I never heard similar announcements prior to EMS disappearing, however I was not monitoring them as frequently. As of this morning, I still receive HPD dispatch and cars no problem. I'm only monitoring District 1 generally...
aloha! EMS may have super duper upgraded to an unknown freq.....this whole weekend, I hear HPD mention to units about 10-10 responding to an accident but on my harris, I dont pick them up....so I scanned my sds100 for local and I hear HPD but NO EMS.....so wondering if they moved on from provoice to the other freq banks.....

scanvin

Citizens should be able to easily monitor public service radio frequencies, I think this is ripe for legal challenges under FOIA. I was looking forward to getting a new scanner but it looks like it would be a waste of money unless I want to listen to the weather.

himages

nah...Aloha Scanvin! in our community, HPD, HFD, EMS, Lifeguards....practically everyone doesnt want us to be listening in to radio talk/dispatches. I have owned the sds100 but honestly, the power drains badly and with HFD, you only hear the dispatches....they dont have a working freq in the radio. Folks nowadays are citizen journalists with thier iphones and smartphones....they dont need to listen to a scanner....they just hear sirens and see smoke and run to take a pix and send it to the media. I like listening to my sds100 but if HFD and EMS are still planning to upgrade to YING YANG and totally vanish...,I probably sell my rig.....but yeah, think about it real good cuz its a pricey rig....

Status
Not open for further replies.