HFD bids aloha to provoice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuhwurd

Make R34s Legal Again
aloha! any new news about the "silent treatment" from CnC EMTS? I still receive HFD fire but no working freqs....so I have to tune to HPD in their "district" where the incident is so I can validate if its a working incident or minor.....

sometimes I would hear dispatch on 852.0875 saying stuff like respond to unknown medical or something so...
i guess they're still alive...? kinda

wh6diq

Aloha,

Yeah, seems odd... I guess they are in OJT mode (on the job testing). Very sporadic, and much is distorted. I notice HPD is now also distorted a lot of the time (District 1) so it would seem our first responder listening enjoyment is nearing an end.

It would not surprise me if part of the reason for this is the Administration's potential embarrassment if any actual investigative journalists (are there any left anywhere?) tracked calls for a few months and let the public know how much time and money is spent on dealing with seriously repetitive offenders and the chronic homeless. No wonder HPD needs to have overtime to make their new traffic ticket quotas!

Thank goodness for UHF/VHF digital modes to keep myself entertained!

fuhwurd

Make R34s Legal Again
Aloha,

Yeah, seems odd... I guess they are in OJT mode (on the job testing). Very sporadic, and much is distorted. I notice HPD is now also distorted a lot of the time (District 1) so it would seem our first responder listening enjoyment is nearing an end.

It would not surprise me if part of the reason for this is the Administration's potential embarrassment if any actual investigative journalists (are there any left anywhere?) tracked calls for a few months and let the public know how much time and money is spent on dealing with seriously repetitive offenders and the chronic homeless. No wonder HPD needs to have overtime to make their new traffic ticket quotas!

Thank goodness for UHF/VHF digital modes to keep myself entertained!

yeah, I’ve been using RTL-SDR to listen to simulcast. i just recently saw a p7100ip (i think that’s what it’s called) on eBay with free programming and im sorta interested in it since i dont really know a lot of stuff about EDACS. I’m also looking forward to getting a BCD436HP sometime in the future.
but right now I’m using DSDplus to decode the EDACS provoice signals and sometimes it would mess up (most likely because of the wind? ive seen a forum saying that wind would interfere with UHF radios) but it’s really fun listening to the simulcast frequencies.

BCFlash

HFD dispatch has been on ProVoice most of the time in 2021, but the last couple of days (Apr. 23-24) seem to be gone again.

Status
Not open for further replies.