HH-60U NUKE SECURITY NC/VA heading west time now

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacellamaman

This is a new one on me.

looked up what a "U" is and got the followinhg, whose author tends to have good stuff:

ANVIL56
Hex: AE5196 Share

H60.png

Reg.:
10-20324
United States
DB flags:
military
Type: H60
Sikorsky HH-60U Black Hawk

I have logged one other H60 using a callsign ANVIL before but didn't think much about it as it was listed as being an "M":

anyone know anything about this, have any thoughts about where it was and is going?

empireco

I have in Log Fri Sept 4th Anvil 58 on ADSB NW of Frankfort KY. He disappeared off ADSB not sure where he went but the Heney .mil callsign list shows Anvil as VA NG UH60.

spacellamaman

I have in Log Fri Sept 4th Anvil 58 on ADSB NW of Frankfort KY. He disappeared off ADSB not sure where he went but the Heney .mil callsign list shows Anvil as VA NG UH60.

hmmm forgot to check that. it would seem more likely to be vang, though dreamland ranch website seems convinced it is one of the nukehawks as well and lists its last sighting as being Va as well

you need a camera with a zoom lens too buddy. if it flies by, shoot it. 35mm ack ack. oh wait...yeah digital....35mm equiv ack ack! if yousa indigent lemme know i'll fix ya up.

empireco

I've got a Nikon D3100 DSLR with a 300mm Zoom Lens! It can do some pretty insane things, like get the tail number off anything flying overhead up to around 3000 feet!

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
USAF aircraft assigned to the Groom Lake facility have nothing to do with nuclear security at the neighboring NNSS. The DoE/NNSA have their own aircraft.

spacellamaman

I've got a Nikon D3100 DSLR with a 300mm Zoom Lens! It can do some pretty insane things, like get the tail number off anything flying overhead up to around 3000 feet!
excellent.....then get out there and confirm that bird!! :)

USAF aircraft assigned to the Groom Lake facility have nothing to do with nuclear security at the neighboring NNSS. The DoE/NNSA have their own aircraft.

ok fine. have it your way. illegal (little green) alien patrol then.

spacellamaman

just throwing this out there, couple of days ago a "GHOST" flight of 2 H60's landed at KVUJ in central NC to refuel. This was a new callsign for me to hear, and tho it killed me, I had more important (I guess) things to do than to go check it out.

There was nothing on ADSBx at the time, and its unclear if any of the possible subjects of high interest were flying at all that day.

But they were doing A2A on 32.5FM if anyone is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.