Hi Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bchris

I used information from this site many years ago to program my first trunking scanner (BC780) when they first came out. At that time there was very little information (especially TG's) for areas outside Salt Lake. I was surprised today when I saw all the activity on this Utah forum! It looks like there are quite a few good decent people here.

I have spent sooooo much time over the years verifying and gathering new frequencies and talkgroups! I should have been checking this web site more often. It looks like most (but not all) of my information is already posted here.

I have to admit that I am not a big fan of web forums. People can get pretty rude, but I did not see that on any of the posts I reviewed here. I am looking forward to checking in more often now, and helping out when I can.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Welcome!

Welcome back to the Utah Forum of RR.com,
bchris!

bchris said:
I have to admit that I am not a big fan of web forums. People can get pretty rude, but I did not see that on any of the posts I reviewed here.
No, you won't see any flame wars here. Oh, you will see disagreements, but they get settled through compromise because we all are here to do a job, and that is seek out and identify all the TGs in use as well as local frequencies.

In fact, we all mostly know each other in person as well. We attempt to get together for a "face-to-face" session once a month or so so we can see what "toys" others are using and also to get information on the latest updates to software which helps us track the TGs and generally just socialize.
bchris said:
I have spent sooooo much time over the years verifying and gathering new frequencies and talkgroups!...It looks like most (but not all) of my information is already posted here.
If what you say is true, then we have been waiting for you because the Utah County area is needing more help. We have a couple of very competent members from that area, but the more ears we have, the faster we can accomplish our goals.

I would like to be the first to encourage you to submit any information you have that is not in the Database (Db) so that our Data Admin (theaton) can get it put in the Db for the rest of us to take advantage of. The more info we have in the Db will make it much easier for us to recover after they finish rebanding and actually "throw the switch." There is a "Sticky" at the top of this forum that explains how we attempt to identify unknown TGs and we would appreciate it if you would follow those simple steps. We would also appreciate you making a post (new thread) for the information you submit to the Db so we all can look it over and become familiar with it. We may even ask questions.

I would also like to thank you for going into your profile and filling out your location so we don't have to guess where you are. It is good to have another BC780XLT user on this board. That makes at least three of us.

Again, welcome! ...and please check back here often to see what is happening and to lend your expertise to the group.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the group!

We have all been fairly active and have been doing a lot of work to get the DB in to shape.

Please feel free to post as much or little as you like...

Hope to see you around.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
And again, Welcome to the Group. It gets lively at times, but we have a good bunch here. Most of the focus here appears to be on the UCAN system, but we do spread out and cover other systems as well as conventional freqs.

Welcome to our group.

Status
Not open for further replies.