Hi Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WirelessCable

I am brand new to the shortwave side of radio, FM is rather boring here in TN so I'm trying out a SW radio (Tecsun PL-360) it is the college-friendly radio on a budget. I'm at TN Tech for Computer Science, I gotta keep busy with various hobbies when it's too cold/rainy for photography ;)

With the autoscan, I've picked up a French, Chinese, and British talk stations, all of which are quite clear but not very interesting (foreign policies on Brit one)

So how did it all start? UVB-76 is what got me interested in Shortwave, so I hope to be able to explore this awesome world in 2012! :)
Quick q, which section is good for posting audio snippets/recordings?I picked up some faint morse code on 6020khz tonight.

Last SW question, I'm running across some frequencies (in the ranges of 4000-6000khz) that sound like there's a mic in a generator room. What does that indicate?

Thanks!
-WirelessCable

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Hello and welcome to Radio Reference! Glad to have you here.

KI4VBR

Premium Subscriber
Digital Noise??

I am brand new to the shortwave side of radio, FM is rather boring here in TN so I'm trying out a SW radio (Tecsun PL-360) it is the college-friendly radio on a budget. I'm at TN Tech for Computer Science, I gotta keep busy with various hobbies when it's too cold/rainy for photography ;)

Last SW question, I'm running across some frequencies (in the ranges of 4000-6000khz) that sound like there's a mic in a generator room. What does that indicate?

Thanks!
-WirelessCable

It almost sounds like you are describing some sort of digital comms to me..... we normally hear things like this on the VHF/UHF band when we stumble across something like a public service radio system.

Not sure if that helps, best of luck to you with spinning & grinning.....Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.