Hi Guys. bcd436hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

camoit

Hi everyone.
New to this forum but not new to vbulletin.
So I guess the way this board is set up I must make X number of posts befor it will let me post in some area of the board where my Q&A needs to go.

Well I'm just weight to see when the bcd436hp is going to come out. The first versions had a SIM card problem and now from what I'm told May 2nd the new batch comes out. It has updated firmware and they have fixed the SIM card problem where the db resides. The GRE digital that was out for a short time before they closed up shop is having an issue with production so it's going to quite some time before Whistler shows it to the world. So this is my into. Now I can only hope the board will let me post in the places I need to post.

Last edited by a moderator:

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
You're allowed to post wherever you want. But you need to post enough posts so we know you aren't here to spam or be malicious in nature. You aren't off to a great start with a confusing post and a completely unrelated photo attachment.

You seem to ask if the BCD436HP is out then acknowledge that it is. So I'm not sure what your point is.

camoit

You're allowed to post wherever you want. But you need to post enough posts so we know you aren't here to spam or be malicious in nature. You aren't off to a great start with a confusing post and a completely unrelated photo attachment.

You seem to ask if the BCD436HP is out then acknowledge that it is. So I'm not sure what your point is.

Don't take this the wrong way but.
No we can't post any where except just in here. Tell I have the 4 posts. Then the system will move me to a new user group.
It's pretty simple. And I know why your board is run this way.
Your board requires 4 posts before you stop mandatory moderation on a user. There are plug ins you can use to handle spam. It would save a lot of time and work on the mods. Here is the one that will work with your board. I use the same one just a newer version.
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248470
It's free.
The board that I own and run is a higher version of VB then this one. So I have a lot more features.
So to make a long story short is I need to make 4 posts before I can use any part the forum I may have an interest in.
Since I have been on here since 5-29-2012 and have not made any post that should tell you somthing.
#1: I'm after the data base updates. Not spam.
#2: the picture test was just that a test. I don't use VB V3.8.2 So I wanted to see how the attachment system worked. It's not like mine where you can move the attachment around. I need to manually enter the code.

Other then that, If I need to ask a question or give an answer on a topic that is currently of interest I can't. until I make 2 more posts. So when, or if, the day comes I need to make the post I will be able to.
The picture below shows we can't make posts just anywhere.
Sorry if it seems silly but after my 4th post. I probably won't make any. But I do plan on getting BCD436HP. Just need to weight tell after May 2nd. Thats when the second version comes out with the updated SIM card. Then at that point I need to see what problems come up and they would normally show in the Uniden section. Where I can't post.

Attachments

• nopre.jpg
    nopre.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 688

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Sorry if it seems silly but after my 4th post. I probably won't make any. But I do plan on getting BCD436HP. Just need to weight tell after May 2nd. Thats when the second version comes out with the updated SIM card. Then at that point I need to see what problems come up and they would normally show in the Uniden section. Where I can't post.

These scanners use a Micro-SD card not a SIM card. Totally different things.

I have no idea where you heard that there will be a second version with updated SIM card? Pretty hard to do since it uses a Micro-SD card available from any manufacturer. The only way they could update it is to include a larger capacity card.

CapStar362

im willing to bet that image is from the section that NO ONE can post in... LOL he just chopped off the part showing which forum section he is in

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Don't take this the wrong way but.

No we can't post any where except just in here. Tell I have the 4 posts.

So to make a long story short is I need to make 4 posts before I can use any part the forum I may have an interest in.

Are you sure you didn't try to post in the main Uniden forum?

That forum is locked and all members must post in one of the sub forums.

I just created a test account, posted a new thread in the Uniden Tavern forum from the test account and saw that it showed up in the Moderation Queue.

camoit

I see what you got going. you go from the main forum home page> directory> director> threads. But in the Uniden section you have home page> directory in there are listed as threads that are have been locked but never moved into the directory above them. I'm just not use to seeing locked threads listed below a directory. It is kind of confusing. But none the less this makes post #3.
On the scanner the guy I was talking with was telling me that the SIM / SD card slot had a problem or there was a problem with some of them. They would loose their file directory and the cards were being corrupted some how. So they had to stop production and make a physical change to the manufacturing process. This explains why there are no new scanners in any of the stores at the moment. Everyone is saying May 2nd at the earliest. He was also saying they found some bugs in the firmware so that was upgraded at the same time. But any how. I had the old PRO 53 for years then moved to a PRO 95 then to the bearcat 330 finally off to the PRO 97 that just became a useless pile since Sacramento has started the moved over to the new system Motorola system. So now all the talk groups left are Buss and trains. Herring a bus driver telling dispatch the sign wont change over is not that exciting. So I figured that it was time for the upgrade.
Oh by the way here is my board. MightyRam50.net. So if you have a Mitsubishi Mighty Max or Dodge Ram D50 thats the place to find parts and help. I have had the D50 almost as long as my scanners. The only thing older is the 40 meter Heath Kit SSB HW 22.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
UPMan has confirmed that this is simply not true.

So they had to stop production and make a physical change to the manufacturing process. This explains why there are no new scanners in any of the stores at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.