Hi Happy Sunday! Have a few questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TedTobias

Will the uniden BCD996P2 work well in a full simacast p25 trunking system? I live in the Bradenton Sarasota area in Florida. And both systems are simulcast. Any help you can give me would be certainly appreciated!

Thank You so much !

Theodore

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Will the uniden BCD996P2 work well in a full simacast p25 trunking system? I live in the Bradenton Sarasota area in Florida. And both systems are simulcast. Any help you can give me would be certainly appreciated!

Thank You so much !

Theodore
Nobody can give you a straight up yes or no answer. Simulcast problems are extremely location sensitive. If you are 'at the right spot', such as very close to one specific tower site, then the stronger signal from that site might override the weaker, out of synch, signals from more distant sites. Or, if your location is such that your line of sight 'view' is limited to one site, with the others blocked off due to terrain (hills) or maybe a cluster of tall buildings, it might work. If your location is in the wrong spot, then there's little you can do other than trying a directional antenna, or perhaps using 'less' of an antenna to reduce signal strength getting to the scanner. But there is no way to know for your specific location other than trying it. For some members, they may have poor reception on a system, that improves dramatically if they move their scanner to a different rook; sometimes, a move of only a few feet in the same room makes the difference.

Your best bet would be to have your thread moved to the Florida forum, where you'd be more likely to get responses from members that live in your area. They could give you an idea of what does, or does not, work for them.
More on Simulcast:
Simulcast digital distortion - The RadioReference Wiki

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
With most scanners, including the 996, legible simulcast is a hit or miss proposition. Locally, I had few problems at home. If I left home, well, let's just say my luck ran out. It's a matter of location, location, location. Some folks on this forum have had amazing success. Most, however, couldn't say that. The only scanners designed for simulcast are the SDS100 & 200. They might be a little pricey but at this stage of the game, they're just about the only solution.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
What they say LOL... Spend the money for an SDS radio which will work, otherwise it's a spin of the roulette wheel, location location location.

Status
Not open for further replies.