Hi, I'm Montreal66

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal66

Hello Everyone,

I just reacently bought a scanner but I am unable to program it :(

I bought a Uniden Bearcat BC346XT Scanner, and I have been wanting to program it since I got it last week.

I have a couple af frequencies, I got from a friend that I want to program, any help would be appriciated

Joseph

nodak1crdet3

Hi Montreal66,
Welcome to RR.
Give this web site a try. Easy to read scanner manuals.
Mark's Scanners

Also you might want to mention if your trying to listen to a Trunking system, or just some conventional frequencies. Trunking systems are a little more difficult for beginners with these new scanners. Just take your time, & thru trial & error you will get the hang of it. Wish I could be of more help, but I'm not familiar with your radio.

montreal66

Hi Montreal66,
Welcome to RR.
Give this web site a try. Easy to read scanner manuals.
Mark's Scanners

Also you might want to mention if your trying to listen to a Trunking system, or just some conventional frequencies. Trunking systems are a little more difficult for beginners with these new scanners. Just take your time, & thru trial & error you will get the hang of it. Wish I could be of more help, but I'm not familiar with your radio.

Hi, and thanks for your response.

This is the list of frequencies I want to listen too, they revolve around the public transit here in montreal.

I have no idea if these are conventional or truncked??

artic2009 said:
En voici une partie, je t'enverrai le reste dans quelques jours.

Fréquences:

TX 1: 860.0625 MHz
TX 2: 860.0875 MHz
TX 3: 860.1125 MHz
TX 4: 860.3125 MHz
TX 5: 860.3375 MHz
TX 6: 860.3625 MHz
TX 7: 860.5625 MHz
TX 8: 860.5875 MHz
TX 9: 860.6125 MHz
TX 10: 860.8125 MHz
TX 11: 860.8375 MHz
TX 12: 860.8625 MHz

CT Anjou:
Régulier: 00-087
Urgences: 00-101

CT Frontenac:
Régulier: 00-090
Urgences: 00-102

CT Mont-Royal:
Régulier: 00-091
Urgences: 00-103

CT Lasalle:
Régulier: 00-092
Urgences: 00-104

CT Saint-Denis:
Régulier: 00-093
Urgences: 00-105

CT Legendre:
Régulier: 00-095
Urgences: 00-107

CT Saint-Laurent:
Régulier: 00-096
Urgences: 00-110

mciupa

Database Admin
This is the list of frequencies I want to listen too, they revolve around the public transit here in montreal.

I have no idea if these are conventional or trunked??

This is an EDACS trunked system.

It may be worth your while to download Freescan and import the system into your scanner.

montreal66

This is an EDACS trunked system.

It may be worth your while to download Freescan and import the system into your scanner.

I just purchased the prmium membership, how do I download it into my scanner, I don<t see a usb in the box, only a computer cord, which I do not have the port for, since I have a newer laptop

thinder

Feed Provider
cable

Hi, Welcome to RR. Im not familiar with that particular scanner but it sounds like you were supplied with an rs 232 serial port cable with your scanner. if you visit scannermaster.com the make a usb adaptr cable its around 29 dollars and then you can mate the scanner to your laptop.make sure you download the driver software before you plug it into your scanner. Hope this helps,.....

montreal66

Hi, Welcome to RR. Im not familiar with that particular scanner but it sounds like you were supplied with an rs 232 serial port cable with your scanner. if you visit scannermaster.com the make a usb adaptr cable its around 29 dollars and then you can mate the scanner to your laptop.make sure you download the driver software before you plug it into your scanner. Hope this helps,.....

Yes that is what I have, there is no other option than that... 29$ + taxes + shipping to Montreal... this is getting expensive.

Would a store like Best Buy have this???

nanZor

Yes that is what I have, there is no other option than that... 29$ + taxes + shipping to Montreal... this is getting expensive.

While waiting for your cable, why not give hand-programming a try. EDACS systems are very easy actually. This isn't a fancy setup, but will get you listening fast.

Be sure to stop by the regional forum and say hello!
http://forums.radioreference.com/quebec/

We are going to create a system, and a site within that system.

Items surrounded by [brackets] are buttons, and not menu items.

1) [Menu] > Program System > [E/yes] > scroll around > New System > [E/yes]

2) Scroll around to EDCS > [E/yes]

3) Wide/Narrow > [E/yes]

4) Make note of the system number that is assigned on the top line.

Here is where we start to get into site-specifics for the system you just created. I'll drop the [E/yes] button here on out.

5) Edit Site > New Site

6) Scroll around to Set Frequencies

7) New Frequency

8) 860.0625

9) Input LCN

10) 1

11) Scroll around and find New Frequency

12) 860.0875

13) Input LCN

14) 2

Repeat steps 11-14 for all the frequencies you have shown. Be sure to match/increment the LCN as you go.

When done, hit [SCAN]

Your system should now come up in the display and start to do an ID-Search, which will expose all the available talkgroups. I won't get into programming specific talkgroups yet - lets just get the system up first!

You can go back in through the menu system and this time edit it, and get fancy with this new system - give it a name, perhaps even a system quick-key (SQK), so that you can easily toggle it on and off with just one keypress.

It looks like a lot, but I'll bet that if you get this under your belt, adding another edacs system will go that much faster!

Last edited by a moderator:

mciupa

Database Admin

Would a store like Best Buy have this???

Yes, for around $20.

In Ontario, we have TigerDirect.ca where I bought my cable for $10. Maybe there is a discount computer wholesaler in your area that would carry a Serial to USB adapter. Have a look at your options:

Search Results for serial to USB at TigerDirect.ca

Last edited:

montreal66

Ok, so I got the above frequencies programmed thanks everyone!!!

My friend will send me more soon, so If I run into anytrouble I will post here

nanZor

I'm glad that worked! For completeness, I must mention I forgot one step - even though it is working for you now.

I'm not familiar with that site, so it could have been an EDACS-WIDE(Standard) or an EDACS-NARROW site.

To make sure that your site for either narrow or wide edacs, I have added the following steps:

5.1) Scroll around to Set Site Type > [E/yes]
5.2) Scroll to choose either Wide(Standard) or Narrow > [E/yes]

Now go ahead with the steps to set up the actual trunking frequencies in step 6.

There's more to it if you feel like going back in and editing things like the system name, system quick-key, talkgroups and the like, but for now I'm glad to hear that it is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.