Hi. I'm new. I have a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MovieMan96

I'm in the process of writing a short film that will include a few scenes with park rangers on radios, but I don't know what radios to use. Can anyone help me out?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I figured you'd get numerous responses by now. Park rangers can use many different types of radios depending upon where they are.

Having watched more movies and TV shows than I should, I can say almost always some kind of prop is used and most often is a regular hand-held scanner. "Non-scannists" won't see the difference and "scannists" always like debating what kind of scanner was used.

Even back in the late 60's Jack Webb who was a stickler for realism blocked out manufacturer names when they shot the control head for the police car radios.

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
Not knowing for certain, I'd say you'd be very safe using a VHF or UHF Motorola, Kenwood or EF Johnson radio manufactured within the past 10 years.

Jeff.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
One other thought would be look up the park you are using for your movie see what they use VHF UHV 800 Trunking ect then you would have an idea on the radio needed to make the scene look real.

jim202

One other thought would be look up the park you are using for your movie see what they use VHF UHF 800 Trunking ect then you would have an idea on the radio needed to make the scene look real.

If your actually going to film it in a National Park, you will have to get their permission, so why not just ask them while your trying to walk through all the permitting process.

Status
Not open for further replies.