• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Hi need help with CPS and a motorola ht1250 I will be detailed as possible here

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericvanvleck

Ok so im a firefighter at a local fire department here and i do all the communication gear programming. We have a whole bunch of our older radios motorola ht1250's that we would like to update frequencies on to use as spares and backup radios. We originally had a company do all the programming on them when they were new but of course theyre out of buisness now. We purchased the correct programming cable on ebay and it came with software that im still decifiering the chinese writing titles. so the radios are Ht1250 vhf 136-177mhz the version number is r05.17.02 serial number for this one is 749tmu0715 model number = aah25kdf9aa5an
I have the professional radio CPS R06.12.09 software. I have all the prolific drivers setup right with the older 3.2.0.0 drivers. When i read the radio It reads the codeplug no problem and pulls up the tree. I can see all the setup options frequencies and so on, make any changes i want. It will save the codeplug to computer no problems. When i write It goes into the verify radio can accept codeplug and it looks like its flashing. Then i get a quick fcc message about if i need 20-25k flashing order from motorola.. I click ok to pass the screen. The radio screen now says test page like it should like its flashing. Then the CPS software says it cannot flash the codeplug see readme for possible reasons except the readme is just a general troubleshooting and has no valuable information. Am i doing something wrong?? do i not have the correct Something? Any help would be much appreciated. I wish the department had the money to upgrade all the radios to digital but apparently not. Thanks in advance If theyres any other info you need to help I will post it immediatly.

K2NEC

The software came WITH the programming cable?? That's not right...

The software shouldn't be flashing anything. It should be writing the codeplug and the radio should say "Test mode" when it's writing.

thedanderzone

Feed Provider
I’m assuming the “software” that came with the eBay cable was one of those cheap small CDs with the drivers (or whatever is ACTUALLY on them…)
Sounds like you can’t write the codeplug because not all of the channels are set to narrowband. I just had this issue with some HT1250s I program for a school. I couldn’t write the codeplug - come to find out, my weather channel had to be set to narrowband.

*Edit:* I see now that the radio shows like it is receiving the codeplug for a short time and then not completing. That’s not how mine acted with the wideband problem.

ericvanvleck

SOLVED the problem I needed to run the old version of cps R06.12.05 I got it from waris works like a champ now thank you anyway thou

ericvanvleck

The software shouldn't be flashing anything. It should be writing the codeplug and the radio should say "Test mode" when it's writing.
yep i was using the wrong version of cps The most up to date version wouldnt write it a older waris will

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!

Yea some of them are sneaking the CPS on with those little cheerios disks that are supposed to contain the cable driver

yep i was using the wrong version of cps The most up to date version wouldnt write it a older waris will
Yea you want to try with the 6.12.05 first because of the .09 thing for the warris cps 20/25 entitlement. So your a fire department in the US running wideband? Or I'm guessing these radios have been spares in the closet not touched for while before/after 2013

Last edited:

clbsquared

Are you confident that your FD frequencies are wideband? The FCC mandated narrowband several years ago. If I were you, I would double check and make sure. You may have inadvertently left the older radios on 25 kHz when in fact they should be on 12.5 kHz. It makes a difference.

ericvanvleck

Are you confident that your FD frequencies are wideband? The FCC mandated narrowband several years ago. If I were you, I would double check and make sure. You may have inadvertently left the older radios on 25 kHz when in fact they should be on 12.5 kHz. It makes a difference.
yep theyre all on 12.5 the most uptodate cps doesnt flash i had to revert to the older waris version works fine now

ericvanvleck

Yea some of them are sneaking the CPS on with those little cheerios disks that are supposed to contain the cable driver

Yea you want to try with the 6.12.05 first because of the .09 thing for the warris cps 20/25 entitlement. So your a fire department in the US running wideband? Or I'm guessing these radios have been spares in the closet not touched for while before/after 2013
They were used up till 2018 before we aquired digital but its possible some of the smaller departments out in the sticks we have on them might be running some 25 that i didnt see in theyre either way the old waris works fine I did have to get the prolific driver 3.2.0.0 for it to work also

clbsquared

yep theyre all on 12.5 the most uptodate cps doesnt flash i had to revert to the older waris version works fine now
That doesn’t make sense. The only difference in .05 and .09 is wideband vs narrowband. They’re both Waris and both run on newer Windows 7 versions. The last (06.12.09) version should have read and wrote with no problems given all the 25 kHz were changed to 12.5 kHz.
Remember, that with Motorola CPS, more times than not you can read and write radios that were programmed with older versions, but you can’t read and write radios with older CPS that were programmed with newer versions of CPS.

ericvanvleck

That doesn’t make sense. The only difference in .05 and .09 is wideband vs narrowband. They’re both Waris and both run on newer Windows 7 versions. The last (06.12.09) version should have read and wrote with no problems given all the 25 kHz were changed to 12.5 kHz.
Remember, that with Motorola CPS, more times than not you can read and write radios that were programmed with older versions, but you can’t read and write radios with older CPS that were programmed with newer versions of CPS.
thats what im saying maybe a few of the channels on the old zones setup are 25khz i didnt go thru the ones that were already theyre other then what needed updating.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
thats what im saying maybe a few of the channels on the old zones setup are 25khz i didnt go thru the ones that were already theyre other then what needed updating.

To clear the 25/20 WB message, ALL personalities need to be set to 12.5, not just the ones you are entering.

Status
Not open for further replies.