HI new to the forums and a BC125AT , Douglas county GA EMS and FIRE ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRTJ

setup the scanner for norfolk southern here in winston , but county ems fire and police i can't get to come through , are they on a different system ?

N8IAA

setup the scanner for norfolk southern here in winston , but county ems fire and police i can't get to come through , are they on a different system ?

Yes. Digital P-25 Phase II and DMR trunk systems.

Unfortunately, the 125 is a great analog conventional scanner, but, it won't receive either of those systems.

You will need a trunking scanner that will receive P-25 Phase II and DMR.

Unfortunately, when counties join the Cobb system, as Douglas county is, they go encrypted. Just a fact of life now in the scanner world. :(

DanRollman

Database Admin
Unfortunately, when counties join the Cobb system, as Douglas county is, they go encrypted. Just a fact of life now in the scanner world. :(

Not sure it is that straightforward. Bartow and Douglas counties are the most recent additions to the Cobb system, and law enforcement in both is encrypted but Fire and EMS is not (OP did ask about fire/ems too). To date, Douglas County SO hasn't been consistently encrypted either, so I don't think encryption is "strapped," or at least not yet, for them. Nor is Douglasville PD encrypted. Up in Forsyth it is exactly the opposite - Fire/EMS is now encrypted but SO is still in the clear for dispatch (although they are obviously not a recent addition to the Cobb core). Interested if you are seeing more encryption than I have described here; perhaps it has changed further recently (it obviously almost always goes only in one direction!).

Status
Not open for further replies.