Hickory Police simulcast active

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottE22

Have been hearing Hickory police dispatch traffic on simulcast talkgroup 1021,was active late afternoon through late evening last two days,only heard in the past sporadicly,they have a Harris Open Sky system active for some time,when I left in 1982,they were still using a vhf high band system with repeater.

TylerMK

Premium Subscriber
Are you actually hearing voice (P25) or just the OpenSky digital “static”? I have heard that they have the capability of switching from OpenSky to P25 on the radios. I’m not sure if that is true or how the system actually works. HPD is on an island is the sea of VIPER.

ScottE22

Yes,voice traffic,that I can confirm as a former officer is real,codes and signals,unit IDs,etc,it's not always active, but from my experience working with HPD officers at Frye hospital as a security officer several years back,they hated the unreliablly of the Open Sky system, never have figured out why they went with Harris,they could have got encryption from any of the major vendors,also it's nice the other local law enforcement agencies in my area are all P25 VIPER in the clear....

Baddad

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing it as well. 1st time since last summer, but I only check occasionally. Mobile units are sounding good but Dispatch is almost overmodulated.

akalynchs

Picking it up in W. Statesville also but only on my G5. HPD is somewhat digitally distorted but the rest are ok. Can’t understand why they don’t jump on the VIPER train...

Status
Not open for further replies.