Hidalgo County SO

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsvm2005

Has anyone had any problems with the SO west channel 155.730000. I have experirence on that channel at least once day were there's interference on that channel. It sounds like if the channel is left open if I pay real good attention I hear a radio station I also hear the song that is going on or whoever is talking. When theres traffic going on then it stop cant no longer hear that anymore but once they stop talking its starts again. I have 2 scanners the Pro-97 and GRE-500 and both do the samething.

My other question is if theres anything that could be done to stop that interference. It doesnt matter what time of the day it is. I really annoying becasue I scanner wont scan anymore unless I push the up arrow. Also I going to sleep hearing the scanner and it wakes me up when that happens too.

Basically is there anything that could be done and is someone around this area having the same problem

Thank you in advance.

Dsvm2005

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I used to get that sometimes in certain areas on 155.730 for Walker County S.O., but it comes in the worst on 155.7525. I know I have heard something about bad intermod in that part of the spectrum, but I can't remember what exactly it is.

dsvm2005

wow i thought it was only here. It is really annoying hearing that noise. And one thing that really bugs me is that the scanner wont scan anymore unless I push up or it stops by its self. On the other hand theres alot of action going on thats why I dont just lock it out. I guess its something that I will need to live with.

This just resently started happening about 4 months ago.

Thank you

Dsvm

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Are you keeping the scanner in "tone search" mode? In other words, if the agency you listen to uses a DCS/CTCSS/NAC- have you "stored" it? Most of the times storing these "privacy" tones will cause it to ignore interference because most likely the interference isn't also broadcasting the "tones."

Tones in this instance is being used in a very, very, broad sense of the word...

dsvm2005

right now that frequency is set to FM I have notice before that when I change it to DC theres a code there. Do you think if I were to change it to DC and store that would it work? OR do I have to leave it at FM. Signal still comes in anyways which ever I choose.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
right now that frequency is set to FM I have notice before that when I change it to DC theres a code there. Do you think if I were to change it to DC and store that would it work? OR do I have to leave it at FM. Signal still comes in anyways which ever I choose.

On the 97 in search mode "DC" is an "FM" mode that searches for that DCS tone (you said you saw). I'd store it and see if that eliminates the interference. On the 500 in tone search mode you can see it roll to either DC/CT or NAC (if there is any at all). Storing it in there would do the same thing. These DC/CT tones are (put very simply) a second frequency sent along with the voice frequency that allows multiple people to use a single frequency at once by using 2 (sounds weird I know- but it's kind of technical).

dsvm2005

ok i was paying attention to that and what i did notice is when that interference happens the ct code is the same as when SO is talking too. Oh well its very annoying but I guess I'll live with it.

thank you

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
ok i was paying attention to that and what i did notice is when that interference happens the ct code is the same as when SO is talking too. Oh well its very annoying but I guess I'll live with it.

thank you

Can you tell if it interferes with the SO's traffic? In other words, do the deputies and dispatchers notice it and complain about it? It could be that someone has a rig and is making illegal transmissions/interference purposely on their system.

KB0VWG

Youre Not alone

I hear the same thing here too, Have you also heard bleedover interference on 154.400 which is the Rio Hondo Volunteer Fire Department, I havent nailed down who it is but they just started transmitting on 154.390.
kb0vwg

dsvm2005

I haven't heared any complaining from them at all. What i am going to do is that I have a ride along on Friday night will ask the Deputy if they also hear it. Will post on Saturday since the ride along is from 6pm to 4am

dsvm2005

I dont have that frequency I will input it on the scanner and will post if I hear anything on that. Thanks

Will post if anything comes in on that 154.390

dsvm2005

ok i input that frequency but what i did notice is that instead of that 154.3900 it changed to 154.39250 on that channel its San Juan PD talking I was not able to input the 154.3900 frequency on my GRE-500

Status
Not open for further replies.