Hidden freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

reedeb

Many,many years ago I had several unpublished frequencies from several Seacoast departments. I never told anyone what they were and when I moved away I got rid of all my lists. I got them by having a separate scanner running and when they would start saying go to channel X, I would search till I would find it. [it was easy with some as they only had 1 antenna and I knew it had to be in a certain bandwidth].

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
Even scanner enthusiasts should know some frequencies just aren't published. Think what you want about open access, etc. It's about Everyone Going Home. These would be Special Ops, Surveillance frequencies, etc. Not the little know security or other channel used from time-to-time. They're game.

Then as ecps92 said, people want to get all the info from somewhere w/out looking or putting any effort in.

Then finally, you can submit info to RR for Malls, and lesser known frequencies here all ya want. if you're lucky they might be published. I had a bunch I submitted a couple months ago or more and they just made it in. Those replaced previous submissions that were never published.

methusaleh

The person who started this thread has not come back yet to explain what the question actually was. We could be speculating in the entirely wrong direction.

Perhaps the person is seeking repeater inputs that are unknown to them, or are not listed in the database.

Or this question is being posed in the wrong forum, possibly related to frequencies programmed into a scanner that seem to have disappeared or became hidden from view through either operator error or equipment problems.

I do not think it is fair to think that the person is seeking frequencies that are unpublished due to being a possible security hazard.

ecps92

Sadly the worst thing to happen to scanning was the death of "Police Call".
IT had all the licensed channels in one book. Maybe Licensed and rarely used, but it was there. Some channels just never get used except for the BIG ONE, others all the time. It's a matter of searching and reporting.

The RRDB and the SNE Wiki rely on Submitted and Verified use frequencies. If its not submitted by someone, it's not there.

There are lists [many on yahoo] that post the recent FCC transactions which is a good place to watch as the NEW licenses are issued, as well as the old ones Modified or Renewed, plug them in, see what you hear and most of all SUBMIT them back to the Database.

Remember, altho its December the RR Fairy needs your help in keeping the DB updated, and to steal from Smokey Bear - "Only You Can Keep the Database Accurate" :cool:

Even scanner enthusiasts should know some frequencies just aren't published. Think what you want about open access, etc. It's about Everyone Going Home. These would be Special Ops, Surveillance frequencies, etc. Not the little know security or other channel used from time-to-time. They're game.

Then as ecps92 said, people want to get all the info from somewhere w/out looking or putting any effort in.

Then finally, you can submit info to RR for Malls, and lesser known frequencies here all ya want. if you're lucky they might be published. I had a bunch I submitted a couple months ago or more and they just made it in. Those replaced previous submissions that were never published.

nd5y

You can display all FCC private land mobile, broadcast auxiliary and coast/ground licenses in a county on each county's radioreference database page.

ecps92

Good reminder, I keep forgetting that function is not part of the Paid membership

You can display all FCC private land mobile, broadcast auxiliary and coast/ground licenses in a county on each county's radioreference database page.

Status
Not open for further replies.