Hidden Menus & Functions--396 & 996 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

k2ns

I was reading a post here on R/R the other day where the poster mentioned hidden menus & functions, one of them being battery voltage on the 396. Does anyone here know the keystrokes necessary to access these menus & functions ???

RON

n4yek

If you want to see what your battery voltage is, just push down on the multi-function rotary switch on the top of the scanner and it will show it to you. As for the rest of the hidden menus, ME343 has given you the link.
Have a great day. :)

k2ns

Battery Voltage ???

If you want to see what your battery voltage is, just push down on the multi-function rotary switch on the top of the scanner and it will show it to you. As for the rest of the hidden menus, ME343 has given you the link.
Have a great day. :)

When I do that, all it shows me is the volume level.

RON

k2ns

Battery Voltage

Look in the top right corner of the screen, the number is your battery voltage.

Now I see it. I have the scanner in a leather case that just hides the top 1/16" of the screen--that's where it is.

Thanks & 73,

RON....KA2IIA

n4yek

Now I see it. I have the scanner in a leather case that just hides the top 1/16" of the screen--that's where it is.

Thanks & 73,

RON....KA2IIA

Just FYI, on my scanner, the low voltage beeps start when the voltage reaches 3.48 volts. I am telling you this just to let you know how close you are to having to recharge or put in new rechargeables if you carry spares.
(I use 2500 mAh NiMH batteries).
Take care and 73

k2ns

Low Battery & Shutdown--396

I was watching my battery voltage this morning. The radio starts to beep low battery at 3.50 volts and the radio starts to
shutdown at 3.40 volts.

RON

Dewey

I was watching my battery voltage this morning. The radio starts to beep low battery at 3.50 volts and the radio starts to
shutdown at 3.40 volts.

RON

I've been experiencing a very similar problem for about a month and a half now. Low battery alarm comes on L-O-N-G before batteries need replacing, then 396 shuts down while batteries still have juice. You mention alarm at 3.5 and shutdown at 3.4, yet two rechargables are only 2.5 to start with (1.25 each versus 1.5 per alkaline). I'm using 2,700 MAh batteries that are still well over 70% good, and still give me pretty good time after the 396 has shut down. There are other recent thread where people are reporting short usage times on battery.

Dewey

Status
Not open for further replies.