High Point, NC - Police Talkgroup Change?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
They have gone full digital.

Some of the new TG are listed on the DB.

Last edited:

zildjian

They have been digital for quite some time. Though in the past week or so they have fallen off the charts. To my knowledge, my scanner is configured exactly like the DB shows. I hope they haven't gone encrypted....

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
No, HP police just went digital within the past week or two. City services have been digital for some time. Make sure you have all th ALT CC programed.

Im picking them up just fine.

RMPDCOP

Database Admin
They have been digital for quite some time. Though in the past week or so they have fallen off the charts. To my knowledge, my scanner is configured exactly like the DB shows. I hope they haven't gone encrypted....

I just updated the Database to show the new Digital Talk Groups for High Point.

zildjian

I'm confused though, if they haven't been digital, then wouldn't they NOT have been in talkgroups already? Maybe i'm using the wrong terminology. But I know for a fact over the past 2 - 3 years I've had them configured as a motorola type II in my BCD-996T. That to me means digital. Not to mention, i'm still able to hear the fire department of whom are digital far as I can tell. In fact I downloaded the exact configuration from radioreference that my scanner is currently using. Police cannot be heard.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Type 2 is the system type which supports digital and analog TG.

Fire is still analog.

If you take a listen to HP police(digital) and Fire(analog) you will notice the difference in how they sound.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
We have a great group of people here that will be more than happy to help you.

Just put in the new TG and you should be set.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
To help clear up any lasting confusion on the whole digital/analog situation:

High Point operates a Motorola Type 2 800Mhz Smartzone System.
A Motorola Type 2 Smartzone system can be setup in the following
configurations:
--All talkgroups in Analog Voice only
--All talkgroups in a combination of Analog voice + Digital voice
These days most systems (including VIPER) use the 2nd method of both Analog plus Digital voice Talkgroups.
High Point just transitioned some of their analog voice talkgroups into
a digital voice format.
A move like this sets the stage for an eventual move over to a Pure P25 system.
As far as programming Uniden scanners you can use this as a guide:
--If the system you want to monitor has a mix of analog and digital talkgroups and has a 3600 Baud Control Channel then you program it as a Motorola Type II System.
--If the system you want to monitor has a 9600 Baud Control Channel and has only digital voice talkgroups then program it as a P25 system.
To sum up: 3600 Baud CC= Moto Type 2 System. 9600 Baud CC= P25 System.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Glimfeather

Just discovered this feed tonight, as I heard strange stuff in my neighborhood (north High Point) and suddenly wished to monitor LEO traffic. All is well, and I have a new favorite site.

Just want to say: THANKS Zildjian, Kendrik578, and by extension the community here at radioreference. Nice to know guys like you are out there.

Toujours Pret

zildjian

Ya mon

Just discovered this feed tonight, as I heard strange stuff in my neighborhood (north High Point) and suddenly wished to monitor LEO traffic. All is well, and I have a new favorite site.

Just want to say: THANKS Zildjian, Kendrik578, and by extension the community here at radioreference. Nice to know guys like you are out there.

Toujours Pret

My pleasure, so glad you enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.