High Point Rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcfd988

Feed Provider
I searched the forums pretty good before posting this and could not locate anything.

Has the High Point system been rebanded? If not, what are they waiting on? I know they have transitioned to digital but I cannot find any evidence of them rebanding.

The database does not mention it either.

I am not close enough to monitor them but I'm programming a scanner for a friend and want to make sure I have it right.

Thanks in advance!

Wes

kc4wsd

Premium Subscriber
I don't have an answer for your question, but I'll throw this in the mix . . .
REVREID posted a question last night that might be related. He said that he "just heard some firemen talking about all towers being merged to one system." I've asked him if he was listening to Greensboro FD, and which talkgroup it was on. Now that you've posted this, AND I've heard what sounds like High Point Fire Department traffic on the Greensboro/Guilford County system, I wonder if everything is related.
Like you, I'm not close enough to monitor them direct, and I'm not able to monitor as much as I'd like during the day, but I will try to scare up some information, and bring it back to the forum.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

REVREID

high point

i listen to high point police and fire daily-i have a home patrol-so i am clueless about rebanding-as home patrol takes the worry out of it. i did hear guilford county fire on julian tac channel saying that all broadcasts would soon be on one radio. any clue?? thanks

REVREID

high point fire

you may already be aware-high point fire-for whatever reason-is analog,while high point police,and archdale police are digital. perhaps you know why this is. rather odd to me,but,i dont know much ,l o l

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
According to the database.

The Highpoint system didn't meet the requirements for rebanding, because they are like Rowan County

they didn't have frequencies that fell in the 860-870 Mhz. range.

To my understanding the only rebanding was for systems that had frequencies for 860 Mhz. and above.

So the highpoint system should still be able to be scanned with a traditional non-rebanded type scanner.

As far as why Highpoint Fire is still analog and the police is digital, that I can't answer.

Hope this helps

David

Last edited:

KG4KHQ

Premium Subscriber
High Point

Yardbird is correct, High Point had no frequencies in the 866-868 MHz portion of the band so that part of rebanding was not an issue. There were a couple 860 MHz frequencies that were replaced with lower frequencies since 860 MHz was considered to be on the edge of what Sprint/Nextel getting in the band. The same applied to Durham, Cary, New Hanover/Wilmington, Asheville and, as mentioned, Salisbury/Rowan at the time. As most of you know, a lot of agencies are upgrading to P25 systems.

As far as High Point Fire still being on analog, Guilford Co Fire and EMS along with Thomasville Fire are still analog and, at one time, most of those agencies did not have digital-capable radios so my understanding is that Fire is analog for interoperability purposes when those agencies need to assist High Point. Along those lines, there is a patch between the High Point Fire Dispatch talkgroup and another talkgroup on the Greensboro/Guilford system so that Guilford Depts can monitor dispatches in High Point.

Status
Not open for further replies.