High Speed Chase by GCSO, MCSO and DPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomfassett

Premium Subscriber
Saturday night (8-25) I was listening to a high speed chase out by Roosevelt on highway 188. It involved Gila County SO, Maricopa County SO and AZ DPS on the East Valley channel. It went from Globe, all the way to Payson, then they guy turned around before entering Payson (the officer thought he saw the spike strips). The guy got back on 188 and headed south again making it all the way back to Roosevelt lake where he turned off on a dirt road that reportedly connected up with 288, as officers were heading to the intersection to cut him off. There were numerous reports from various agencies that the guy had tried to ram their cars. With the recent rains causing washouts all over that area (on the dirt roads) the guy bottomed out at a high speed and disabled his car. Since one officer had reported that the guy had shot at his car, they approached very cautiously only to find the car abandoned. They reported that the guy was somewhere in one of the washes and was probably armed since they found no weapon in the vehicle. They sent the dog in and were waiting for the helos (Mesa and Ranger), both of which needed to fuel first. I listened for another half hour but they had not gotten the guy yet. Anyone else listen to this and know if they caught the perp (ie: LOSER ;- ) or not? I just couldn't stay awake any longer.

Tom F

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

It made the news today, they're still looking for him last I heard. It's possible he's wounded as officers did return fire.

tomfassett

Premium Subscriber
They had not searched the area around the vehicle other than to look for a weapon when I went to bed so did not hear if they found any evidence of injuries to the suspect. Unfortunately, being so close to the camping and boating areas of the lake he could have gotten anywhere, if he isn't laying face down in the desert somewhere.

Tom F

Status
Not open for further replies.