Highest scantenna in Georgia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zguy1243

Tonight me and another Radioreference member installed the antenna for the PCR100 remote receiver site here in Northern Georgia. I am not a fan of the scantenna but in this case its all that was available to get on the tower and get the radio going. The tower is a 155 foot Rohn 25G. The antenna is mounted at about 145 feet point. All connected to a small preamp going into our PCR100 that operate from remote via internet connection. Performance is great. The main interest is aircraft comms in the southeast. Some testing on the site tonight showed good results. We were able to UHF ARTCC controllers from a considerable distance. Here are some photos from the tower top and others from tonight...

Jody
North Georgia

Last edited:
I've been thinking about putting a security camera on my 60ft crank up mast when I get it up for watching our propority and storm spotting (the ground obsticles here make spotting difficult).

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I've been thinking about putting a security camera on my 60ft crank up mast when I get it up for watching our propority and storm spotting (the ground obsticles here make spotting difficult).

I had to use a camera mounted on top of a 30 pipe and the sway looked small from the ground, but through the screen it almost made me want to puke :D

scannersnstuff

very nice setup. i would just like to ask 2 question's.

1.what is the most distant public safety you have monitored ?. <state etc.>
2.does your receiver overload ?.

zguy1243

Well here is some of our first reception reports. I have been tuning ATIS frequencies to determine range. I am listening to the ATIS on 128.35 right now coming out of Mcgee Tyson airport in Knoxville TN. Not sure ow many miles away that is right off hand from here in Calhoun Ga but its a long haul I know.

EMD91123

I'd lay claim on 118-136 MHZ he would get way deep into Washington,Indianapolis, and Memphis Center's control space. I would love to tune into that radio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.